Forum
[PROBLEM] Samba don't work properly - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Hardware (/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Network (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: [PROBLEM] Samba don't work properly (/thread-2295.html)

Samba don't work properly - mapomme1108 - 16th May, 2014 10:02 PM

Hello,

I use Xbian 1 beta 2

I want to connect to my home made NAS (which is running Windows 7 Home Premium x32)
At first it works but then the connexion is impossible. The error message is : "connection timed out"

While I have this error, it is still possible to connect my Windows 8.1 notebook from the pi and I can connect to my NAS from my notebook

Is it a known issue?

Thanks per advance for your help

RE: Samba don't work properly - IriDium - 17th May, 2014 02:11 AM

Not a known error but I would check your permissions.

Also see if you can ping all machines from all machines.

If that fails, can you send the output of dmesg and xbmc.log via pastebin.

RE: Samba don't work properly - mapomme1108 - 17th May, 2014 02:35 AM

permission for the hdd which is shared on the NAS : Everyone = Read / Write

I can ping all machines from all machines
all machines have static ip

dmesg : http://pastebin.com/8KgNZpHN
xbmc.log : http://pastebin.com/ZuX4rk8m

EDIT : it works when I share folders on the NAS; before I was sharing the entire HDD

RE: Samba don't work properly - QuadCorei8085 - 21st May, 2014 04:36 AM

Does anybody noticed that on Beta2 the "sbmget" command exist while in RC2 its missing?
Any explanation for this?
Looks like smb 3.6.x is used by RC2 and according to documentation the command should exist.

RE: Samba don't work properly - NitSuA - 21st May, 2014 05:42 PM

(21st May, 2014 04:36 AM)QuadCorei8085 Wrote:  Does anybody noticed that on Beta2 the "sbmget" command exist while in RC2 its missing?
Looks like smb 3.6.x is used by RC2 and according to documentation the command should exist.

I cannot help you really, only thing I can say is that SMB works very well with my XBIAN 1.0 RC2 and windows 7 machine. I would look on the windows side for configuration issues. Maybe try to connect to the share from another machine / laptop to test your shares?

RE: Samba don't work properly - QuadCorei8085 - 22nd May, 2014 04:53 AM

Sorry but you missunderstood me. Samba is working well both with freshly installed Beta2 and RC2.

My problem is that while on Beta2 "smbget" was found (i used this to position my wifi adapter in the most suitable directio with highest rate) on RC2 (after update) its missing.
Try it. Although samba works perfectly, i cant use smbget to download from network to the PI.

(21st May, 2014 05:42 PM)NitSuA Wrote:  
(21st May, 2014 04:36 AM)QuadCorei8085 Wrote:  Does anybody noticed that on Beta2 the "sbmget" command exist while in RC2 its missing?

I cannot help you really, only thing I can say is that SMB works very well with my XBIAN 1.0 RC2 and windows 7 machine. I would look on the windows side for configuration issues. Maybe try to connect to the share from another machine / laptop to test your shares?

RE: Samba don't work properly - mk01 - 25th Jun, 2014 04:19 AM

@QuadCorei8085

smbget is part of "smbclient" package.

Code:
apt-get install smbclient

RE: Samba don't work properly - QuadCorei8085 - 25th Jul, 2014 05:25 PM

Thanks. Will try it today. Guess its been removed from RC2. [SOLVED]