Forum
Cannot access SD Card over network - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Configuration (/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Cannot access SD Card over network (/thread-2379.html)

Cannot access SD Card over network - Jules Huls - 7th Jul, 2014 09:33 PM

Hello,

I have recently installed Xbian and I have a small problem. But first my config:

Software
XBian version: 1.0beta2
XBMC version: 12.2
Overclock settings: Medium

Hardware
Power supply rating: 2000mAh
RPi model (model A/B 256mb/512mb): B
SD card size and make/type: 8gb class 10
Network (wireless or LAN): Lan (eth0)
Connected devices (TV, USB, network storage, etc.): USB HDD (external ps), TV hdmi cable, analoge audio.

When I log in via Putty I can access all the files. I can see and edit /home, /etc, /media and so on. I can also see my Usb HDD mounted as /media/usb0 and access it. The only problem though: I cannot acces samba or FTP. On windows I dont see the rpi at all in my network and on ElementaryOS I see the rpi listed as "ftp://192x.x.x.x" and "smb://192.x.x.x." but when clicked I see "no such folder".

When I use Cyberduck to access the rpi via (s)ftp I only see a folder called "return_on_reboot" and a hidden folder called ".xbmc".

Samba and SSH are installed. Samba config is edited. I changed SMBSHARE and SMBRW (found it on this forum) to yes. Then I used "service samba restart" but it still doesnt work.

Does anyone know why and how to fix it? If I missed something when searching: sorry in advance

RE: Cannot access SD Card over network - IriDium - 8th Jul, 2014 04:17 AM

You can only access via smb the folders defined to be shared: In this case:
xbian
system-logs
xbmc-backup
xbian-xbmc
and possibly your HDD

The files you see when using Cyberduck are from the Xbian home directory run_on_reboot and .xbmc, so you are connected. It may be a display setting in Cyberduck. Can you confirm via ssh that other folders exist in Xbians home directory.