Forum
[SOLVED] WiFi key prompt not shown in Xbian Config GUI - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Installation (/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: [SOLVED] WiFi key prompt not shown in Xbian Config GUI (/thread-2409.html)

WiFi key prompt not shown in Xbian Config GUI - rlogiacco - 29th Jul, 2014 08:50 AM

When the XBian RC2 first starts and XBMC is running a configuration Wizard kicks in where one of the consfiguration steps is network related. Selecting the wlan0 option, scanning for networks and selecting a network protected by WPA, a key prompt should be shown, but nothing is visible. Nevertheless the GUI hangs like if waiting for input and resumes after hitting the return key on the keyboard.

The same happens if I execute the XBian Config application through the programs area in XBMC.

The key prompted is corretly shown by running the ncurses interface.

Hardware model is Raspberry Pi model B, stock XBian RC2

RE: WiFi key prompt not shown in Xbian Config GUI - CurlyMo - 29th Jul, 2014 05:14 PM

At least the forth time this issue has been reported Smile

RE: WiFi key prompt not shown in Xbian Config GUI - rlogiacco - 29th Jul, 2014 09:43 PM

(29th Jul, 2014 05:14 PM)CurlyMo Wrote:  At least the forth time this issue has been reported Smile

Aplogies, I did run a search but I was unable to find anything relevant. I believe this jumps to the eyes as it's in the very beginning config stage.

Should I close this? Can you provide a link to the thread we will concentrate to?

RE: WiFi key prompt not shown in Xbian Config GUI - CurlyMo - 29th Jul, 2014 10:46 PM

It has already been fixed, so updating everything should work.

Maybe you can add it to the wiki.

RE: WiFi key prompt not shown in Xbian Config GUI - rlogiacco - 30th Jul, 2014 12:35 AM

(29th Jul, 2014 10:46 PM)CurlyMo Wrote:  It has already been fixed, so updating everything should work.

Maybe you can add it to the wiki.

Big Grin you need a network connection to update and unless you use a wired one when you get the fix you probably will not need it

Anyway it will be delivered with next release, which is very good Wink