Forum
[PROBLEM] Fresh Install (XBian_1.0_RC_2) no Ethernet - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Installation (/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: [PROBLEM] Fresh Install (XBian_1.0_RC_2) no Ethernet (/thread-2447.html)

Pages: 1 2

Fresh Install (XBian_1.0_RC_2) no Ethernet - Chandalan - 30th Aug, 2014 03:11 AM

I've installed XBian_1.0_RC_2 on my freshly new Raspberry 512MB. Iam seeing the xbian-screen on my tv, but the ethernet port is not working as I can see it on my router-web-dashboard.

I've no idea what could be wrong. Iam using an old raspberry (256mb B-Modell) since years and never had a problem with a new install or anything else.

Can anybody help me?
Right now Iam neither able to connect by ssh nor using yatse remote from my smartphone, so I cant post any logs or config-Files.

I also tried it with my wlan-dongle, but also.. no network connection Sad

Thanks in Advance for any help and
apologize my horrible English, its not my mothers tongue!

RE: Fresh Install (XBian_1.0_RC_2) no Ethernet - Skywatch - 30th Aug, 2014 07:10 PM

I guess the first thing I would do is to try another flash of the SD card, maybe it got corrupted somehow.

Also, does the ethernet port work if you install other distros? What if you try another SD card?

And finally, is the network cable good and the pi not blocked by a firewall somewhere?

Skywatch.

RE: Fresh Install (XBian_1.0_RC_2) no Ethernet - Chandalan - 30th Aug, 2014 08:51 PM

Thanks for your reply.

I tried flashing few times even with the beta 2 version but it doesnt work.

If Iam using my old Raspberry (256 Model B) it works with the same cable. So its not blocked by the firewall or something.

I didnt tried another SD-Card... I dont have another micro SD ... so is should buy another?

RE: Fresh Install (XBian_1.0_RC_2) no Ethernet - CurlyMo - 30th Aug, 2014 11:31 PM

How did you know "the ethernet port is not working". What did you check to come to that conclusion?

RE: Fresh Install (XBian_1.0_RC_2) no Ethernet - Chandalan - 31st Aug, 2014 03:25 AM

I dont see "xbian" as a network device in my router web-dashboard (fritz box) and so i cant connect to the raspberry.... how should I control the "initizalizing menu" after the fresh install without any ethernet connection?

RE: Fresh Install (XBian_1.0_RC_2) no Ethernet - CurlyMo - 31st Aug, 2014 04:12 AM

Does XBian fully boot?

RE: Fresh Install (XBian_1.0_RC_2) no Ethernet - Chandalan - 31st Aug, 2014 04:14 AM

yyeah it does. Iam in the xbmc-menu. But no ethernet -> no control

RE: Fresh Install (XBian_1.0_RC_2) no Ethernet - CurlyMo - 31st Aug, 2014 04:17 AM

Can you connect a keyboard, exit XBMC and post the full logs as asked in the forum rules.

RE: Fresh Install (XBian_1.0_RC_2) no Ethernet - Chandalan - 31st Aug, 2014 04:19 AM

Can I control xbmc with a conncted USB-keyboard?

RE: Fresh Install (XBian_1.0_RC_2) no Ethernet - CurlyMo - 31st Aug, 2014 04:23 AM

Ehm, have you tried?

RE: Fresh Install (XBian_1.0_RC_2) no Ethernet - Chandalan - 31st Aug, 2014 04:32 AM

not yet, but now can I leave the xbmc-menu and get to the prompt?

RE: Fresh Install (XBian_1.0_RC_2) no Ethernet - CurlyMo - 31st Aug, 2014 04:35 AM

Have you tried that when actually having the keyboard connected? Do you notice the pattern in my suggestions Wink

RE: Fresh Install (XBian_1.0_RC_2) no Ethernet - Chandalan - 31st Aug, 2014 06:07 AM

Flashed my SD-Card again. But my USB-Keyboard is also not working. Not even the NUM-led is working on the keyboard Sad

RE: Fresh Install (XBian_1.0_RC_2) no Ethernet - CurlyMo - 31st Aug, 2014 06:24 AM

Please make sure there is not something else wrong with your Raspberry Pi? Also, check your powersupply.

RE: Fresh Install (XBian_1.0_RC_2) no Ethernet - menakite - 31st Aug, 2014 06:35 AM

Is it a B+?