Forum
XBian Release Candidate 3 - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Releases (/forum-48.html)
+--- Thread: XBian Release Candidate 3 (/thread-2451.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: XBian Release Candidate 3 - kremitinoz - 9th Sep, 2014 12:19 PM

Just installed RC3 on a B+, all is working very well, playback is great, however..

On videos that are cropped it seems the black bars are not repainting once playback begins, the "Working" box in the bottom right stays on the screen (it appears frozen however playback is fine). When skipping through the clip, or changing the volume it too does not auto hide/disappear from the top right and also appears frozen.
It's not stopping functionality, and full screen videos are fine, however it is a little annoying.

I have searched the forums, and google to no avail, It may be I'm not searching for the right phrase but i'm not sure.

Anybody have a solution??

regards,

Tim

RE: XBian Release Candidate 3 - f1vefour - 9th Sep, 2014 03:31 PM

I downloaded the Xbian rc3 image and dd'd it and then used windiskimager to write it, I can't get it to boot whatsoever.

Could someone provide the md5sum of the extracted image? Although I don't think this is the issue.

Matter of fact the download page should have the md5sums listed.

Okay it's booting but I have no video, didn't think it was booting because I forgot to plug the network cable in.

Something is definitely wrong, I'm attached over composite video and enabled the rainbow logo but still get nothing but blackness.

RE: XBian Release Candidate 3 - f1vefour - 9th Sep, 2014 05:01 PM

I re-commented out the initramfs line (got re-enabled after updating), disabled cec and changed video ram to 256...Got it working.

I'm unsure what issue was, firmware..initramfs..video ram..cec. I will work backwards and see but I think it was a combination of firmware and the initramfs address.

RE: XBian Release Candidate 3 - 0xFF - 9th Sep, 2014 05:44 PM

(9th Sep, 2014 07:21 AM)menakite Wrote:  I think I was wrong as I can't find anything in changelogs and last commits. Did you experience the same issue with the latest non-ALSA Gotham release?

Yes, I did.
Xbmc crash happened randomly during FLAC playback in previous releases too.
Unfortunately I don't remember when it was introduced Sad

Sometimes I can play whole 192kHz/24bit files, sometimes it crashes twice at 44.1kHz/16bit file.
No matter if there is a picture in the file's metadata.
I can't find concatenation Sad

RE: XBian Release Candidate 3 - 0xFF - 11th Sep, 2014 01:03 AM

Hello,
After upgrade, I have xbian-inotifyd-bridge process dying:
Code:
init: xbian-inotifyd-bridge (/xbmc-backup/put_here_to_restore:w) main process (2048) terminated with status 1
init: xbian-inotifyd-bridge (/xbmc-backup/put_here_to_restore:w) main process ended, respawning
init: xbian-inotifyd-bridge (/xbmc-backup/put_here_to_restore:w) main process (2053) terminated with status 1
init: xbian-inotifyd-bridge (/xbmc-backup/put_here_to_restore:w) respawning too fast, stopped

Any idea what to check ?

Best regards.

Re : RE: XBian Release Candidate 3 - belese - 11th Sep, 2014 01:39 AM

(11th Sep, 2014 01:03 AM)0xFF Wrote:  Hello,
Code:
init: xbian-inotifyd-bridge (/xbmc-backup/put_here_to_restore:w) main process (2048) terminated with status 1
init: xbian-inotifyd-bridge (/xbmc-backup/put_here_to_restore:w) main process ended, respawning
init: xbian-inotifyd-bridge (/xbmc-backup/put_here_to_restore:w) main process (2053) terminated with status 1
init: xbian-inotifyd-bridge (/xbmc-backup/put_here_to_restore:w) respawning too fast, stopped

Any idea what to check ?

Best regards.
Check log under /var/log/upstart/xbian-inotifyd-bridge.log (path is from memory, i'm on a phone) but it's something like this.

RE: XBian Release Candidate 3 - 0xFF - 11th Sep, 2014 02:49 AM

(11th Sep, 2014 01:39 AM)belese Wrote:  
(11th Sep, 2014 01:03 AM)0xFF Wrote:  Hello,
Code:

Any idea what to check ?

Best regards.
Check log under /var/log/upstart/xbian-inotifyd-bridge.log (path is from memory, i'm on a phone) but it's something like this.

Log file is full of messages:
Code:
Object "sybox" is unknown, try "ip help".

RE: XBian Release Candidate 3 - nsviper - 11th Sep, 2014 09:54 PM

RC3 installed and running, playing movies, all surround sound all good...

the only issue I have is CEC. it just isn't working (if I put beta 2 back on its all good, cecworks perfectly, switches between devices fine, doesn't make itself the active output when powered on), but in RC3 my TV remote just doesn't work. Having to use a remote app on my phone for now.

Is there anything (logs or otherwise) that I can provide that will show CEC info? or is it just the main xbmc.log file?

RE: XBian Release Candidate 3 - belese - 11th Sep, 2014 10:43 PM

>Object "sybox" is unknown, try "ip help".

it should be related to busybox, i believe there's a bug on github for that,
anyway, as far a i know, it shouldn't harm you system, only the home backup restore should be impacted by this.

Maybe try :
apt-get install --reinstall xbian-package-config-shell

Belese

RE: XBian Release Candidate 3 - 0xFF - 12th Sep, 2014 01:00 AM

(11th Sep, 2014 10:43 PM)belese Wrote:  Maybe try :
apt-get install --reinstall xbian-package-config-shell

Belese

I just re-installed package.
At first look that fixed my problem.

Thank you very much.

RE: XBian Release Candidate 3 - zilexa - 12th Sep, 2014 08:47 PM

I installed the latest image from the homepage. Only ran updates via Config, after reboot I see this:

and

I have not done anything else.

RE: XBian Release Candidate 3 - Skywatch - 12th Sep, 2014 08:55 PM

Hi all,

Just to let you know that this morning I tried again to upgrade from RC2 -> RC3 from xbian-config and it worked without issue!

Only thing I did notice is that after the upgrade a command via SSH to 'sudo poweroff' caused the pi to stop responding to SSH but didn't actually power off the pi. I pulled the power plug and restarted and all is working well with the exception that poweroff still doesn't work (it used to before).

Thanks for all the effort and hard work to get RC3 upgrade working! Smile

Skywatch.

RE: XBian Release Candidate 3 - menakite - 12th Sep, 2014 09:27 PM

(12th Sep, 2014 08:47 PM)zilexa Wrote:  I installed the latest image from the homepage. Only ran updates via Config, after reboot I see this:
[images here]
I have not done anything else.
You should be able to fix it by running the following 2 commands:
Terminal
sudo locale-gen en_US.UTF-8
sudo dpkg-reconfigure locales

RE: XBian Release Candidate 3 - zilexa - 12th Sep, 2014 09:29 PM

Thanks will try, but why does this happen? I just wrote the image to SD, inserted it. An hour later opened SSH and updated via Config I did not connect it to my TV yet.

RE: XBian Release Candidate 3 - CurlyMo - 12th Sep, 2014 09:31 PM

In my case it just updated the locales on the next reboot.