Forum
[SOLVED] Distorted sound in video and GUI sounds - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Hardware (/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Video and Audio (/forum-28.html)
+--- Thread: [SOLVED] Distorted sound in video and GUI sounds (/thread-2499.html)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Distorted sound in video and GUI sounds - Skywatch - 27th Oct, 2014 07:41 AM

Can you test the audio from the pi's analog (3.5mm) output? Is that also distorted?

Skywatch.

RE: Distorted sound in video and GUI sounds - aitor - 27th Oct, 2014 05:00 PM

Uff... the problem was fixed itself yesterday. I dont know exactly how an why. I noticed that one file, a chapter of Homeland, always crashed the sound. I deleted this file and the sound was fixed in later tests performed.

Indeed, other files that caused distorted sound seems to be OK now. I think that corrupted Homeland file was affecting the rest of the system. I dont know how. Just I hope this fix will be permanent.

In the next days, if the problem does not return I will change to SOLVED the threat subject.

I am very grateful to this forum. Is very attentive and efficient! Thank you very much to all you.

RE: Distorted sound in video and GUI sounds - aitor - 29th Oct, 2014 01:51 AM

Well, distorted sound come back. So, the approach of "corrupted file" was wrong.

I have a good clue now. As skywatch ask me, I tryed analog audio output and... works!

I have this output connected to hi-fi and seems to work.

By the moment, this configuration allow me to watch video but, why can't I hear the audio trough HDMI? I would like to know the reason Wink

RE: Distorted sound in video and GUI sounds - aitor - 10th Jan, 2015 07:25 PM

Finally, the problem disappear by itself. I'll change the subject to solved.