Forum
[SOLVED] 1.0RC3 Stuck at starting xbmc after restoring config - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Kodi (/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: [SOLVED] 1.0RC3 Stuck at starting xbmc after restoring config (/thread-2525.html)

1.0RC3 Stuck at starting xbmc after restoring config - Baz8755 - 18th Oct, 2014 09:59 PM

I am currently running 1.0RC2 and have used the backup tool to copy my config

I have installed 1.0RC3 using the windows install tool and xbian will boot

However when I copy my config into the restore folder xbian will eventually try and reboot and get stuck at starting xbmc. I have waited for hours but it does not boot.

I also tried commenting out the intramfs line in the config but that did not help either

RE: [Problem]1.0RC3 Stuck at starting xbmc after restoring config - mk01 - 15th Nov, 2014 09:21 PM

@Baz8755

remove guisettings.xml. sometimes XBMC has trouble to start if it's base config file format changed a lot. and between 1.0RC2 and RC3 there was change to XBMC Gotham.

sometimes it works, sometimes not. as far as I remember Gotham, it failed to start even with config from Gotham betas.

RE: [Problem]1.0RC3 Stuck at starting xbmc after restoring config - Baz8755 - 22nd Dec, 2014 06:47 PM

(15th Nov, 2014 09:21 PM)mk01 Wrote:  @Baz8755

remove guisettings.xml. sometimes XBMC has trouble to start if it's base config file format changed a lot. and between 1.0RC2 and RC3 there was change to XBMC Gotham.

sometimes it works, sometimes not. as far as I remember Gotham, it failed to start even with config from Gotham betas.

Thanks

I ended up doing a clean install of RC3, then fixed issues with Brantje repositary followed by applying all updates. Once that was done I copied the folder settings from settings.xml across from RC2 to RC3, plus ensuring that configs were the same via the GUI.

Now fully up and running on RC3 and updates are coming through