Forum
[PROBLEM] Delayed picture when starting - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Kodi (/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: [PROBLEM] Delayed picture when starting (/thread-2546.html)

Delayed picture when starting - zkiifreak - 30th Oct, 2014 10:40 PM

Hi
I've got this issue:
Whenever I start a movie, be it a "Live TV" recording or a movie in the library, the sound always starts 5 to 10 seconds before the picture comes on. The picture and sound are in sync though. What do I do to remove this lag?
I'm on RPi B model running of USB installation (and it does not make a difference if i run of an SD installation...)

BR
/ZkiiFreak

RE: Delayed picture when starting - IriDium - 31st Oct, 2014 02:12 AM

It sounds to me like a bottleneck of some kind.

If the sound and picture - eventually - sync, then it is more that likely an initial lag, be it CPU, I/O or N/W.

Can you post the output of dmesg, xbmc.log and the output of vmstat 5 50 from BEFORE you start a movie. If it ends before the audio/picture sync, then increase the 50 until it does.

Also, what else are you running? Transmission, add-ons etc.

A copy of top "top -n 1 -b > top-output.txt" to see what is happening.

As you've already read "Please read before you post" you'll know what to do with the files .............

RE: Delayed picture when starting - rikardo1979 - 31st Oct, 2014 02:15 AM

(30th Oct, 2014 10:40 PM)zkiifreak Wrote:  Hi
I've got this issue:
Whenever I start a movie, be it a "Live TV" recording or a movie in the library, the sound always starts 5 to 10 seconds before the picture comes on. The picture and sound are in sync though. What do I do to remove this lag?
I'm on RPi B model running of USB installation (and it does not make a difference if i run of an SD installation...)

BR
/ZkiiFreak

normal behaviour, so not much you can do. you can hit play/enter/ok on the file and immediately press pause so the movie going to be paused until the video out is sett

RE: Delayed picture when starting - zkiifreak - 31st Oct, 2014 03:26 AM

(31st Oct, 2014 02:15 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  
(30th Oct, 2014 10:40 PM)zkiifreak Wrote:  Hi
I've got this issue:

BR
/ZkiiFreak

normal behaviour, so not much you can do. you can hit play/enter/ok on the file and immediately press pause so the movie going to be paused until the video out is sett
Thanks for the answer. Then I'll just leave it be Blush

RE: Delayed picture when starting - mk01 - 16th Nov, 2014 09:54 PM

@zkiifreak

if you use auto resolution changes on play/stop you can set xbmc to pause X sec on that action. then you will have what ricardo proposed automatically done by xbmc.