Forum
Wifi and keyboard/mouse problems - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Hardware (/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Peripherals (/forum-27.html)
+--- Thread: Wifi and keyboard/mouse problems (/thread-255.html)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Wifi and keyboard/mouse problems - CurlyMo - 14th Jan, 2013 08:19 PM

@juniperz, the problem you encountered was not due to XBian but due to a failing Raspbian package. You just downloaded/updated the wrong package at the wrong time. Something you would have encountered on other XBian versions.

Try this:
Code:
sudo apt-get install --fix-missing

Or just
Code:
sudo apt-get install --reinstall libc6-dev

RE: Wifi and keyboard/mouse problems - juniperz - 14th Jan, 2013 08:38 PM

Thanks CurlyMo - I guessed that might have been it. I am now working away from home for a few days, so I will have to wait a while to do that. That's the trouble with trying to complete everything on a Sunday night - sometimes something breaks... Fingers crossed I won't be back bothering you next weekend. Your patience and support here is appreciated.

RE: Wifi and keyboard/mouse problems - juniperz - 18th Jan, 2013 08:03 PM

Back home and trying again - though all a bit Groundhog day:
Code:
xbian@xbian:~# sudo apt-get install --fix-missing
Reading package lists... Error!
E: Problem parsing dependency Breaks
E: Error occurred while processing libc6-dev (NewVersion2)
E: Problem with MergeList /var/lib/dpkg/status
E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.
Code:
xbian@xbian:~# sudo xbian-config
This program requires the dialog package: apt-get install dialog

RE: Wifi and keyboard/mouse problems - juniperz - 19th Jan, 2013 10:42 PM

@CurlyMo I am still getting the same result a week or so later. Is the server still likely to be the problem?

RE: Wifi and keyboard/mouse problems - CurlyMo - 19th Jan, 2013 10:52 PM

The server doesn't work here as well...

Wifi and keyboard/mouse problems - Koenkk - 20th Jan, 2013 12:00 AM

These are symptoms of a corrupted image. Please download the image again (we uploaded a new one which is not corrupted)

RE: Wifi and keyboard/mouse problems - juniperz - 20th Jan, 2013 04:30 AM

(20th Jan, 2013 12:00 AM)Koenkk Wrote:  These are symptoms of a corrupted image. Please download the image again (we uploaded a new one which is not corrupted)
Thanks Koenkk
All going well up to a point - updated, configured, wifi working (I can SSH) - but - back to my first post - the Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard are not working.
I know I could use wired devices, but then I would need a powered hub and a load of wires. When this was working fine with Xbian 0.8, I just had the wireless adapter and the Logitech receiver in USB, HDMI out, and a power from a short cable plugged into the USB port on the TV. Very low profile (i.e. wife friendly) and I could control it from my chair using the wireless mouse. A wired mouse isn't going to cut it!

As I say, this used to work, so unless drivers have been removed, it should work. I have two Logitech receivers and 2 mice, so I have been able to test different combinations And yes, the receiver was plugged in and the input devices were switched on, before I booted the RPi. And I have swapped the two USB peripherals over in the ports.

Anyone with experience of the Logitech wireless stuff please?

Wifi and keyboard/mouse problems - Koenkk - 20th Jan, 2013 04:43 AM

can you post the exact models of your mouse and keyboard? I have a logitech k360 keyboard and t400/m505 mouse for testing/debugging if needed.

RE: Wifi and keyboard/mouse problems - juniperz - 20th Jan, 2013 04:45 AM

Spot on - I also have K360 and M505 (nice aren't they - when they work ;-)

RE: Wifi and keyboard/mouse problems - Koenkk - 20th Jan, 2013 06:18 AM

It's working here without problems, try if upgrading your kernel solves this, guide: http://forum.xbian.org/thread-211.html

RE: Wifi and keyboard/mouse problems - juniperz - 21st Jan, 2013 07:22 AM

Thanks Koenkk - I haven't had a lot of time this weekend, but I have just run through that lot, and the kb and mouse now work ;-)
No time to try anything else tonight, so connecting to NAS will have to wait until next weekend, but it worked before, so it would work again (though I thought that about kb & mouse... :-)