Forum
[PROBLEM] Display configuration - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Kodi (/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: [PROBLEM] Display configuration (/thread-2574.html)

Display configuration - Lanzelet - 18th Nov, 2014 09:38 PM

Hey guys,

I am running Xbian on my Raspberry Pi Model B. All worked fine but in the last weeks I discovered a really nasty problem.

Everytime I start my Raspi, the dahsboard doesn't fit anymore to my TV. So I go to the System-Setting and configure the edges to fit my TV-Screen. After this I browse through the dashboard and suddently the Screen is getting bigger again and I have to redo the configuration.
First of all, xbian seems to stopped saving my adjustments and second, often, but not everytime it suddently getting bigger again.

I stopped using my Raspberry a few weeks, because I was frustrated to do the configuration at every startup, but now I want to use it again. Any Idea, how I can solve this problem?

RE: Display configuration - rikardo1979 - 19th Nov, 2014 03:40 AM

(18th Nov, 2014 09:38 PM)Lanzelet Wrote:  Hey guys,

I am running Xbian on my Raspberry Pi Model B. All worked fine but in the last weeks I discovered a really nasty problem.

Everytime I start my Raspi, the dahsboard doesn't fit anymore to my TV. So I go to the System-Setting and configure the edges to fit my TV-Screen. After this I browse through the dashboard and suddently the Screen is getting bigger again and I have to redo the configuration.
First of all, xbian seems to stopped saving my adjustments and second, often, but not everytime it suddently getting bigger again.

I stopped using my Raspberry a few weeks, because I was frustrated to do the configuration at every startup, but now I want to use it again. Any Idea, how I can solve this problem?
check your TV settings in your TV and make sure you dont have overscan ON and also turn off Auto mode and force 16:6 ratio. do all this in your TV settings, not in RPi

RE: Display configuration - Lanzelet - 19th Nov, 2014 07:54 PM

(19th Nov, 2014 03:40 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  check your TV settings in your TV and make sure you dont have overscan ON and also turn off Auto mode and force 16:6 ratio. do all this in your TV settings, not in RPi

Would be strange, because I didn't touch anything in the settings of my TV since a long time. But I will check it. Thanks for the suggestion.