Forum
[PROBLEM] UI resolution (RCA) - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Configuration (/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: [PROBLEM] UI resolution (RCA) (/thread-259.html)

Pages: 1 2

UI resolution (RCA) - svennd - 13th Jan, 2013 11:07 PM

I have my pi connected using RCA connection to my tv. (RCA->scart) both Xbian and video's play perfectly (720p works, so its all good) However the interface is pretty small of xbian itself (xmbc).

I first "IRC'd" to check if font-size is an easy go-to setting, it isn't. So after thinking on it, I'm thinking that the GUI resolution is to high, so I went to video mode, and try'd to check for resolution, but sadly, there is only 1 option. I can't see the value's properly, but I think it ends with "i" Is there any way of decreasing the GUI resolution ? to make the text readable on my old TV ?

On a sidenote; using RCA connection (/scart) would I be able to use my controller ? or do I need usb pherpirals to let it listen ?

// update

its 720x480 if i'm correct.

RE: UI resolution (RCA) - CurlyMo - 13th Jan, 2013 11:17 PM

You could open /home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml and try setting 720 --> 480. However it depends on the skins to support those settings.

RE: UI resolution (RCA) - svennd - 14th Jan, 2013 01:51 AM

I din't see any difference between 480 and 720 Sad I'm currently downloading some skins to check out if that helps...

Waw, yeah Transparecy (or something) really is allot better, I choise "big bold Arial" and that fixed my problem completly.

I'm now gonne check if the issue was maybe cause of me not setting overscan value's pre-xmbc

RE: UI resolution (RCA) - nakna - 6th Feb, 2013 02:29 AM

hey guys im having same problem i did change resolution to 480 but cant see diffrence i tried to get new skins. I saw a little bigger text but i wanna see double sized and when i go to see video information in UI there is still 720x480 and i cant change it Sad

any help will be appreciated thank u

RE: UI resolution (RCA) - CurlyMo - 6th Feb, 2013 02:33 AM

Resolution options are skin dependent. Not every skins supports it. We can't help with that.

RE: UI resolution (RCA) - AndzinSan - 9th Feb, 2013 06:12 PM

Hi, I am not sure if i understand your problem correctly, bud I gues that I had same problem. I use my Rpi with analog video output (from yelow cinch to scart in PAL) and interface was "reduced" (BTW: I use only default confluence skin). I do some "investigate" Big Grin and found cause and solution.
Here is two screens, first is default skin confluence without modifications on PAL TV with resolution 720*576px. Second one is confluence skin modified to PAL resolution on PAL TV.

http://imageshack.us/a/img202/7930/confluenceoriginal.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img716/6607/confluencemoded.png

Screens are captured from PC buth with appropriate resolution. Interface looks more baddly on PAL TV than on screens. Fonts are realy hard to read. So I make some modifications on confluence skin and now it looks realy good.

At first you have to skill in xbmc skining. For developing skin on PAL TV you have to change xbmc window resolution in userdata/guisettings.xml, find section window a change it to 720*576, whitch is PAL resolution. Now run XBMC on window mode and you will see xbmc as is on first screen above. Now you have to edit almost all of the skin files until you will have result as you want.

ONE importatn note: depending on your PAL TV size, fonts in XBMC can be unreadable, so you may be have to increase fonts size. I do it for myself.

I am still on work of editation confluence skin, but I can provide what I have done now, but I am using XBMC only for video (movies and shows) so I update only this part of skin (+ system info, dialogs, player controls etc...) and for now I enable only default video/show view so you can not change it.

Here is some screens of edited confluence skin for PAL TV, if you want I will provide a link to download and/or I can start github project for this:

PS: any help in editing is welcome Big Grin

EDIT: I dont know why, but system dont allow me to post reply with images or links Sad

RE: UI resolution (RCA) - AndzinSan1 - 9th Feb, 2013 06:16 PM

Can anybody tell me why this ** akismet ban me for posting reply above??

RE: UI resolution (RCA) - CurlyMo - 9th Feb, 2013 06:22 PM

The ban has been lifted. Sorry for the inconvenience.

RE: UI resolution (RCA) - AndzinSan - 9th Feb, 2013 06:30 PM

Thanks, I try to post screens:

Re: UI resolution (RCA) - rikardo1979 - 9th Feb, 2013 06:43 PM

nice one, some users may be interested into your modded skin/settings Big Grin
(pekne, pekne Smile myslim ze zopar ludi potesi ak poskytnes tvoj mod skin Smile )

RE: UI resolution (RCA) - AndzinSan - 9th Feb, 2013 07:27 PM

(9th Feb, 2013 06:43 PM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  (pekne, pekne Smile myslim ze zopar ludi potesi ak poskytnes tvoj mod skin Smile )
Neni problem, staci povedat Big Grin

Re: UI resolution (RCA) - BartOtten - 10th Feb, 2013 12:14 AM

Super! Please post it here

Better:
  • Fork Confluence at github
  • Append '.lowres' to the id in addon.xml (making it a seperate skin)
  • Append 'LowRes' to the title in addon.xml (better for listing in XBMC)
  • Apply your mods
  • Post link to your GitHub repository
  • SuperRepo.org will provide you a link to the zipped addon as soon as possible and people will be able to install the skin using the SuperRepo service

RE: UI resolution (RCA) - AndzinSan - 10th Feb, 2013 02:53 AM

Here is Initial repo: https://github.com/AndzinSan/ConfluencePAL
Now I am too busy, so developing for other sections (images, music..) will be continue in 4/2013.

Re: UI resolution (RCA) - BartOtten - 10th Feb, 2013 03:39 AM

Should be in SuperRepo in a few minutes. I am not at home to update the website but it will be in the directories (something like Frodo/Skins/skin.confluence.pal)

RE: UI resolution (RCA) - AndzinSan - 10th Feb, 2013 04:20 AM

I am not sure if it is right moment now to add this to SuperRepo, because project is in early dev state.