Forum
[PROBLEM] Strange behavior of xbian-config via ssh - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Testing & Experimental (/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: [PROBLEM] Strange behavior of xbian-config via ssh (/thread-2590.html)

Strange behavior of xbian-config via ssh - Neutrino1986 - 4th Dec, 2014 09:04 PM

Hello guys,

I noticed some strange behavior regarding xbian-config via ssh. Whenever I select a service to be started or stopped via xbian-config, xbian-config is reloaded in main menu instead of showing the services. The service is not started as, well. But here comes the really strange thing: When I leave the main menu via ESC or selecting the return option, the interface shows "Loading Status of services" and afterwards the previously selected service is started.

Another fact I noticed that xbian-config often starts although I'm just doing stuff in console via ssh. Seems like another instace of xbian-config is started and as soon as the second instance is closed I can continue doing whatever I did before.

Anyone else noticed this behavior? BTW: I recently did a fresh install of RC3!

//edit: Just relaized that the problem is not present for all services. Starting VNC fromn service menu is working fine. The problems occurs for a pyload which I added to the service list via following command:

Terminal
sh -c "echo 'pyload:/usr/bin/pyLoadCore' >> /usr/local/include/xbian-config/config/services"

Is it related to the way I added it?

RE: Strange behavior of xbian-config via ssh - mk01 - 6th Dec, 2014 04:49 PM

@Neutrino1986

most probably yes, but still it is indeed very interesting way of a bug showing itself.

looking the info you put into service list/setup - is "pyload" name of service sysv compatible
Code:
service pyload stop/start/status

or as upstart

Code:
start/stop/status pyload

?

if yes, pyLoadCore is name of process which is present if pyload is started ? although the path is not expected, I tested with modified lirc - line in services was
Code:
lirc:/usr/local/sbin/lircd

and lirc has upstart job present at /etc/init/lirc.conf. autorun status is showed properly. start / stop works and status displayed also ok.

what ver of xbian-config-shell you have ?