Forum
Scraping takes really long - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Installation (/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Scraping takes really long (/thread-2645.html)

Scraping takes really long - NitSuA - 10th Jan, 2015 08:16 PM

Today I installed a fresh image of RC3 fom the download page, did the repository fix from the faq and installes all updates with ssh till 10th of January 2015.

What I noticed is that scraping my movies and tvshows folder takes about 1,5 hours, while performing the same action in OpenElec 5.0 takes about 5-10 mins. This made me think this is not an xbmc error, but likely an os error.

Anyone experience the same?

[edit]
I realise I should add more information :-)
Shares are on a NAS, accessed by NFS and connected by 1000mbit wire. Rpi has DHCP address, NAS has static ip.
[/edit]

RE: Scraping takes really long - rikardo1979 - 10th Jan, 2015 08:19 PM

(10th Jan, 2015 08:16 PM)NitSuA Wrote:  Today I installed a fresh image of RC3 fom the download page, did the repository fix from the faq and installes all updates with ssh till 10th of January 2015.

What I noticed is that scraping my movies and tvshows folder takes about 1,5 hours, while performing the same action in OpenElec 5.0 takes about 5-10 mins. This made me think this is not an xbmc error, but likely an os error.

Anyone experience the same?

I suggest you clean your library, turn on debugging, restart XBMC, start scraping, let it for a while, than pull out logs and post to pastebin to see what is happening

RE: Scraping takes really long - NitSuA - 11th Jan, 2015 01:06 AM

oke, followed your steps:

- cleaned library
- removed scraped folders
- cleaned again
- enabled debugging mode
- rebooted
- added "tv shows" nfs folder
- waited for about 10 min

here is the pastbin: http://pastebin.com/ygxe1phz

Do you see anything strange? btw this is a clean image from the download section. And it is still scraping. It is going much faster in OpenElec, so I guess something with the network settings / code?

[Update 16:38 (30 mins later)] Since it's still scraping, I've copied the last part of the log again..

http://pastebin.com/he39TcFe

thnx in advance!

RE: Scraping takes really long - rikardo1979 - 11th Jan, 2015 01:52 AM

tbh I dont see anything really wrong except you have a few repo errors related to addons trying to connect to old unused brantje server.
make sure you read and follow the FAQ from from page

Scraping takes really long - NitSuA - 11th Jan, 2015 03:45 AM

I followed the exact steps in the faq part one before scraping the movie shares...

RE: Scraping takes really long - mk01 - 13th Jan, 2015 01:53 PM

@NitSuA

can you edit /boot/cmdline.txt and add "nodatacow" to rootflags= options ?
(reboot and try again)?

RE: Scraping takes really long - mk01 - 13th Jan, 2015 02:13 PM

btw:

OE5 is Kodi based, is it? Kodi has scrapping completely reworked, this is from official docs:
Code:
Library Improvements
The Kodi Library is getting improvements both coming in and going out. On the input side, library scanning is receiving a massive speed boost, which should make the initial scan on Android and iOS devices quite a bit more spritely.

retest with Kodi.

RE: Scraping takes really long - NitSuA - 16th Jan, 2015 12:12 AM

(13th Jan, 2015 02:13 PM)mk01 Wrote:  btw:

OE5 is Kodi based, is it? Kodi has scrapping completely reworked, this is from official docs:
Code:
Library Improvements
The Kodi Library is getting improvements both coming in and going out. On the input side, library scanning is receiving a massive speed boost, which should make the initial scan on Android and iOS devices quite a bit more spritely.

retest with Kodi.

Thnx, I will retest once Kodi is on the stable repo ;-)