Forum
16 Jan upgrade woes... - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Configuration (/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: 16 Jan upgrade woes... (/thread-2661.html)

Pages: 1 2

16 Jan upgrade woes... - Skywatch - 16th Jan, 2015 11:09 PM

Hi all,

I did an RC3 xbian-config update and upgrade today and find that afterwards xbmc is no longer serving up it's web page. I can ssh in and running 'top' shows that no xbmc.bin is in the list. Anyone have an idea what's going on and how to fix it please? - I guess it's not being started on boot for some reason.

Skywatch

RE: 16 Jan upgrade woes... - menakite - 17th Jan, 2015 01:41 AM

Is it not running at all or it's just the web server that's not accessible? Check if you have a kodi.bin running. If that's the case, it's possible that all settings were not migrated correctly and it needs to be enabled again from the GUI (or by using texturecache.py remotely: ./texturecache.py setsetting services.webserver True).

RE: 16 Jan upgrade woes... - Skywatch - 17th Jan, 2015 08:01 AM

There is no kodi (or xbmc) bin running. The web server was how it became apparent. I might be able to connect a monitor to it tomorrow and see what it says (mostly it runs headless).

I tried sudo service kodi start with no luck.

I tried to 'roll back' to a working version with btrfs, but the latest 'daily' and 'weekly' images are from September last year!

Skywatch.

RE: 16 Jan upgrade woes... - mk01 - 19th Jan, 2015 08:03 PM

@Skywatch

if any last package (should) be a problem, simply reinstall any previous.
We still keep ALL released versions SINCE B2.

for you it should not be a problem already to list all available:
Code:
apt-cache policy xbian-package-xbmc

and then install one you want
Code:
apt-get install xbian-package-xbmc=VERSION_YOU_WANT

RE: 16 Jan upgrade woes... - mk01 - 19th Jan, 2015 08:13 PM

@Skywatch

you are STAGING and NON-nightly 14 package already?

Identify please that IT IS xbmc package responsible for this, and report back.
Looking at available, there is 14.1 RC1 from 13 and 15-Jan respectively, but no code changes (not even upstream).

never mind - just confirm or not what is, otherwise I can list 50 other non relevant reasons.
SKywatch, anything what it says you can check remotely too. You can get full gfx screen with "start vnc-server", text console with "busybox conspy -f", "chvt X" where X is number you can switch active Terminals (like ALT+FX on keyboard), logs you have too Smile

RE: 16 Jan upgrade woes... - Skywatch - 24th Jan, 2015 03:19 AM

Trying to reinstall xbmc (package missing) - I get unmet dependencies. Yet when I try to install the missing items it says that they are already the latest version installed! - See below.....

xbian@Cinema ~ $ sudo apt-get install xbian-package-xbmc-scripts
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
xbian-package-xbmc-scripts is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 3 not upgraded.
xbian@Cinema ~ $ sudo apt-get install xbian-package-config-xbmc
Building dependency tree
xbian-package-config-xbmc is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 3 not upgraded.
xbian@Cinema ~ $ sudo apt-get install xbian-package-xbmc=13.2-RLS-1419734381
Building dependency tree
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
xbian-package-xbmc : Depends: xbian-package-xbmc-scripts but it is not going to be installed
Depends: xbian-package-config-xbmc but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
xbian@Cinema ~ $

Any ideas on how to get back to a working xbian again please?

Skywatch

RE: 16 Jan upgrade woes... - Skywatch - 8th Feb, 2015 03:10 AM

Tried again with this today.

After latest update and upgrade still no XBMC running.

Checked in xbian-config -> services and it shows XBMC as autostart but not running.

Selecting XBMC service re-start just hangs the screen requiring a crtl-c to escape.

Skywatch.

RE: 16 Jan upgrade woes... - f1vefour - 8th Feb, 2015 08:21 AM

Have you tried to force the installation?

RE: 16 Jan upgrade woes... - Skywatch - 8th Feb, 2015 06:52 PM

sudo apt-get -f install xbian-package-xbmc-alsa ?

I tried that and still no xbmc.bin on restart. Tried full 'shutdown -h now' as well.

If I go into xbian-config it shows it as autostart=yes and started=no. Select re-start and after a while it's showing in xbian-config as started. exit config and then 'top' and it's not there.

The last lines in the log give....
09:08:00 T:2937259072 NOTICE: service.libraryautoupdate-0.9.4 : Starting network check
09:08:01 T:2937259072 NOTICE: service.libraryautoupdate-0.9.4 : Update Video Library paused due to playback
09:08:07 T:2912093248 ERROR: GetVideoDetails: Invalid XML file (want <details>)
09:08:32 T:2928870464 NOTICE: Thread MusicInfoScraper start, auto delete: false

Oddly it says it is paused due to playback and yet nothing is playing!

I used VNC viewer and can confirm that XBMC is starting up, but then after a couple of minutes it just crashes out to a 'blinking cursor' at the top left of the screen.

S.

RE: 16 Jan upgrade woes... - CurlyMo - 8th Feb, 2015 07:17 PM

Why don't you just install the latest xbmc package which actually contains Kodi with Alsa support?

RE: 16 Jan upgrade woes... - Skywatch - 9th Feb, 2015 09:17 PM

(8th Feb, 2015 07:17 PM)CurlyMo Wrote:  Why don't you just install the latest xbmc package which actually contains Kodi with Alsa support?

Ok, I upgraded to Kodi. Now I have Kodi running and a web server running Big Grin

However, it lost all my media settings, libraries, addons etc. and it lost the fstab entry for the server (this was fixed recently in XBMC version but is back with this upgrade) and the pi is no longer visible on the SMB network from a Win7 laptop (fixed with making the mnbd.conf file). Finally all my settings in /etc/modules were suddenly missing and had to be added back in order to get i2s alsa to work again

Just to let you know.

Skywatch.

RE: 16 Jan upgrade woes... - Exnor - 10th Feb, 2015 02:26 AM

(9th Feb, 2015 09:17 PM)Skywatch Wrote:  
(8th Feb, 2015 07:17 PM)CurlyMo Wrote:  Why don't you just install the latest xbmc package which actually contains Kodi with Alsa support?

Ok, I upgraded to Kodi. Now I have Kodi running and a web server running Big Grin

However, it lost all my media settings, libraries, addons etc. and it lost the fstab entry for the server (this was fixed recently in XBMC version but is back with this upgrade) and the pi is no longer visible on the SMB network from a Win7 laptop (fixed with making the mnbd.conf file). Finally all my settings in /etc/modules were suddenly missing and had to be added back in order to get i2s alsa to work again

Just to let you know.

Skywatch.

Same here mate... got the same problem :/

RE: 16 Jan upgrade woes... - aztech - 14th Feb, 2015 07:01 AM

(10th Feb, 2015 02:26 AM)Exnor Wrote:  
(9th Feb, 2015 09:17 PM)Skywatch Wrote:  

Just to let you know.

Skywatch.

Same here mate... got the same problem :/

Similar problem here ...
Upgraded today using apt-get upgrade ..

After reboot, all my media sources was gone.
Tried to add sources again, but I cannot even login to my SMB server any more.

I gave up and did a fresh install and choosed 2015.02.07 rpi and after installing I tried adding sources again. Didn't work.
Did apt-get update && apt-get -upgrade and tried with the sources again. Still doesn't work.

I noticed in the home folder, there are .kodi and a .xbmc folders.
The .kodi/userdata contain a passwords.xml that has the password for my SMB shares, but it still not working. - maybe has nothing to do with it, I don't know.

RE: 16 Jan upgrade woes... - f1vefour - 14th Feb, 2015 05:15 PM

What size is your SD card, 4GB I'm guessing?

RE: 16 Jan upgrade woes... - Exnor - 15th Feb, 2015 12:32 AM

(14th Feb, 2015 05:15 PM)f1vefour Wrote:  What size is your SD card, 4GB I'm guessing?

Mine is 8GB and i've got the same problem...

I had to manually move addons/settings/databases to the .kodi folder.

All is working now Smile