Forum
Best solution for DVD ISO´s? - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Others (/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: Best solution for DVD ISO´s? (/thread-2668.html)

Pages: 1 2

Best solution for DVD ISO´s? - jazzl - 19th Jan, 2015 09:45 PM

Dear All,

I just purchased an MPEG-2 license, and I´m now able to play VOB files where it´s not only the audio playing, but also the image is now present.

However, I get no menus from the DVD which in some cases can be a bit problematic.
Is there an easy way to install a better DVD player than the default one under xbian which will show DVD-menus?

Thanks

RE: Best solution for DVD ISO´s? - f1vefour - 20th Jan, 2015 04:05 AM

My DVD ISO's do show the menus, perhaps yours are ripped without them?

RE: Best solution for DVD ISO´s? - rikardo1979 - 20th Jan, 2015 04:33 AM

even so, I would recommend to rip all of your collection to something more useful, and get rid of the menus which are useless anyway. if you using XBMC there is no real use for this as you have everything scraped and even more Wink
Just my suggestion

RE: Best solution for DVD ISO´s? - jazzl - 20th Jan, 2015 10:15 PM

f1vefour: How do you play them? I just go to the video section from the xbian main menu, drill into my dirs and find the iso on which I then click enter. Did you install anything else to be able to see the menus?

rickardo1979: Agreed, but I do now and then come across ISO´s here and there where I do not feel like first having to convert them. That´s about 1 out of 50 files though, so the need is not high but still there.

Thanks

RE: Best solution for DVD ISO´s? - rikardo1979 - 20th Jan, 2015 11:09 PM

it should work like this https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=mFK-VIrUG4q17gaAoICgAQ&url=http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D4BdxfOHMdrw&ved=0CBwQtwIwAA&usg=AFQjCNGn_kWqltlxvhfajCAd8uGfHo6UKQ&sig2=IF6zkZdCJu3oLEOonOgmLA
will check tonight when I get home

RE: Best solution for DVD ISO´s? - menakite - 21st Jan, 2015 01:26 AM

(Please note that ISOs can be scraped and shown in library view.)

RE: Best solution for DVD ISO´s? - rikardo1979 - 21st Jan, 2015 05:00 AM

looks like I do not have a single ISO in my collection anymore Big Grin so can not test

RE: Best solution for DVD ISO´s? - IriDium - 21st Jan, 2015 05:23 AM

According to This it should all just work. Maybe it's only for Kodi?

I'm sure there used to be an option to select the player for movie files, but alas it seems not to be there anymore.

RE: Best solution for DVD ISO´s? - rikardo1979 - 21st Jan, 2015 05:36 AM

not sure but wasnt the omxplayer and DVD player merged lately in XBMC? not sure to be honest

Re: RE: Best solution for DVD ISO´s? - f1vefour - 21st Jan, 2015 06:28 AM

(21st Jan, 2015 05:23 AM)IriDium Wrote:  According to This it should all just work. Maybe it's only for Kodi?

I'm sure there used to be an option to select the player for movie files, but alas it seems not to be there anymore.
The players are chosen automatically based on hardware acceleration being on or off in the settings.

(20th Jan, 2015 10:15 PM)jazzl Wrote:  f1vefour: How do you play them? I just go to the video section from the xbian main menu, drill into my dirs and find the iso on which I then click enter. Did you install anything else to be able to see the menus?

rickardo1979: Agreed, but I do now and then come across ISO´s here and there where I do not feel like first having to convert them. That´s about 1 out of 50 files though, so the need is not high but still there.

Thanks
I play them through the Movies menu, they have been scraped. It's been awhile since I've played an ISO, I will play one when I get home and test again.

RE: Best solution for DVD ISO´s? - jazzl - 23rd Jan, 2015 01:15 AM

I just watched the youtube clip that was posted here earlier and I realized that if I launch from the IFO file in VIDEO_TS, it´ll all be fine with menus and everything!
However, I also found out that what I was looking at is NOT an ISO, but simply a copy of the directory structure on a DVD.
So I went to find what indeed is an ISO, but to my great disappointment xbian did not do anything at all. Could it be that there are certain types of ISO´s that Xbian won´t read? I´ll try more when I come home.

Thanks!

RE: Best solution for DVD ISO´s? - rikardo1979 - 23rd Jan, 2015 01:24 AM

yet again, its not XBian, its a matter of what XBMC/Kodi and Raspberry Pi offers

RE: Best solution for DVD ISO´s? - menakite - 23rd Jan, 2015 04:25 AM

Debug log would tell what's going on.

RE: Best solution for DVD ISO´s? - jazzl - 23rd Jan, 2015 09:46 PM

f1vefour, you were saying that it depends on hardware acc being on or off. Is there more I should do for this to be enabled than putting

decode_MPG2=0000000000

(where all the 0´s represent the serial) in the config.txt, and confirming from SSH prompt that it´s status is enabled?

Thanks

RE: Best solution for DVD ISO´s? - rikardo1979 - 23rd Jan, 2015 11:33 PM

(23rd Jan, 2015 09:46 PM)jazzl Wrote:  f1vefour, you were saying that it depends on hardware acc being on or off. Is there more I should do for this to be enabled than putting

decode_MPG2=0000000000

(where all the 0´s represent the serial) in the config.txt, and confirming from SSH prompt that it´s status is enabled?

Thanks

he was about settings under XBMC/Kodi
System > Settings > Video > Acceleration > Decoding method