Forum
[RPi] Staging xbian-package-kernel (3.17.7-ck2+) - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Testing & Experimental (/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: [RPi] Staging xbian-package-kernel (3.17.7-ck2+) (/thread-2677.html)

[RPi] Staging xbian-package-kernel (3.17.7-ck2+) - CurlyMo - 28th Jan, 2015 09:46 PM

We need feedback to know if the latest xbian-package-kernel in staging is considered stable? To test, enable the staging repostory and run:
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xbian-package-kernel

When it is, we'll move it to the stable repository so all users will enjoy the upgrade as well as our automatically generated images.

And to make sure you vote on poll at top of the page here please so we know where we are. Thank you

RE: [RPi] Staging xbian-package-kernel (3.17.7-ck2+) - Gwystyl - 30th Jan, 2015 05:29 AM

Just installed the new kernel and it seems to run fine. No drastic speed improvements, but also no restarts/hangs etcetera. I've voted yes in the stability poll to see the results, but I realised I can't really say after half an hour. Since the vote can't be changed it's at least a positive (and true so far) answer Smile. I'll report back when something strange happens.

RE: [RPi] Staging xbian-package-kernel (3.17.7-ck2+) - CurlyMo - 7th Feb, 2015 08:23 PM

This kernel has been released on both Raspberry Pi platforms.

RE: [RPi] Staging xbian-package-kernel (3.17.7-ck2+) - f1vefour - 11th Feb, 2015 06:34 PM

@CurlyMo I compiled 3.18.6 for my Pi 1 and it is substantially (boot speed especially) faster than 3.17.7, is there something holding up us implementing it instead of 3.17.y?

RE: [RPi] Staging xbian-package-kernel (3.17.7-ck2+) - CurlyMo - 11th Feb, 2015 07:00 PM

No, only someone creating a build config for it Smile

RE: [RPi] Staging xbian-package-kernel (3.17.7-ck2+) - f1vefour - 13th Feb, 2015 12:33 AM

I posted the kernel for testing, if it works out for a few others I will create the build config.