Forum
RPi 2 Quad core. - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Community (/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: XBian news (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: RPi 2 Quad core. (/thread-2686.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: RPi 2 Quad core. - rikardo1979 - 4th Feb, 2015 05:58 AM

(4th Feb, 2015 05:41 AM)Dave400 Wrote:  In the UK and ordered from RS, at least the Pi is on route,the case is on back order till the 26th..

Maplin are now advertising them, quite how they have the cheek to ask for £40 for the bare board I don't know..

ordered mine from RS too cos is cheaper than Farnel and it was on next day delivery included. It commin to Dorset so should be quick, for some reason its not here.
I have not even received any tracking or dispatch email. Maybe cos I have ordered as guest without account?
Do you have one?

RE: RPi 2 Quad core. - Dave400 - 4th Feb, 2015 09:06 AM

I reckon it'll arrive tomorrow... Mine was ordered just before 12, think they ran out of stock very quickly so if you don't get yours tomorrow I wonder if yours will be part of the next batch that RS take delivery of on Thursday

RE: RPi 2 Quad core. - bairdy - 5th Feb, 2015 10:31 PM

(3rd Feb, 2015 09:50 PM)CurlyMo Wrote:  Let's see if our still theoretically working image actually works in practice Wink
http://sourceforge.net/projects/xbian/files/testing/XBian_2015.02.03_rpi2.img.gz/download

Just received a pi2 and the image doesn't boot just a nasty black screen and no life from the pi Dodgy

after placing the newer kernel files i get a boot but hangs on loading the usb

RE: RPi 2 Quad core. - swordfish6975 - 5th Feb, 2015 11:02 PM

(5th Feb, 2015 10:31 PM)bairdy Wrote:  
(3rd Feb, 2015 09:50 PM)CurlyMo Wrote:  Let's see if our still theoretically working image actually works in practice Wink
http://sourceforge.net/projects/xbian/files/testing/XBian_2015.02.03_rpi2.img.gz/download

Just received a pi2 and the image doesn't boot just a nasty black screen and no life from the pi Dodgy

same for me Sad

(5th Feb, 2015 10:31 PM)bairdy Wrote:  after placing the newer kernel files i get a boot but hangs on loading the usb

strange i get this: this is with the files from https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware.git (boot folder) overwrite part of the SD that windows can see. Probably not doing this correctly.

RE: RPi 2 Quad core. - IriDium - 6th Feb, 2015 03:24 AM

Power supply.

On boot, the RPi 2 needs about 400ma without any USB devices, this rises as more are added. To ensure sufficient power, they recommend a 2amp PSU.

A rainbow square at the top right corner indicates low power, a red square indicates overheating.

There are many available, but beware, some do not give the correct output. Some advertise as 2amp but only give 1.8amp (The Pihut! - from reviews on Amazon)

I've found that the Tesco Hudl charger works perfectly and at £8 with a micro USB lead, (£4 if you use your vouchers) is a good contender.

If you have a powered HUB for your USB devices a normal 1amp PSU will be sufficient but that is just another plug to worry about.

RE: RPi 2 Quad core. - Exnor - 6th Feb, 2015 05:17 AM

(6th Feb, 2015 03:24 AM)IriDium Wrote:  Power supply.

On boot, the RPi 2 needs about 400ma without any USB devices, this rises as more are added. To ensure sufficient power, they recommend a 2amp PSU.

A rainbow square at the top right corner indicates low power, a red square indicates overheating.

There are many available, but beware, some do not give the correct output. Some advertise as 2amp but only give 1.8amp (The Pihut! - from reviews on Amazon)

I've found that the Tesco Hudl charger works perfectly and at £8 with a micro USB lead, (£4 if you use your vouchers) is a good contender.

If you have a powered HUB for your USB devices a normal 1amp PSU will be sufficient but that is just another plug to worry about.

Ok, and with a 2Amp PSU will it boot the current img?

RE: RPi 2 Quad core. - rikardo1979 - 6th Feb, 2015 05:24 AM

I would love to tell you, but my bloody RPi still havent arrived cos RS messed up the orders when they was selling it even they had run out of stock. damn
Have only received dispatch update today, so if I am going to be lucky I may receive it tomorrow

RE: RPi 2 Quad core. - IriDium - 6th Feb, 2015 05:26 AM

(6th Feb, 2015 05:17 AM)Exnor Wrote:  
(6th Feb, 2015 03:24 AM)IriDium Wrote:  Power supply.

Ok, and with a 2Amp PSU will it boot the current img?

Negative: This is just for info.

Xbian is currently under development for the RPi2. Timings unknown,

xbian on Raspberry Pi 2 - hrabeX - 6th Feb, 2015 07:35 AM

I've created SD card for my new Pi 2 and it stucks on boot - red LED only. Latest original Raspbian boots with no problem. Is there any difference between B+ and 2 images? Thanks

RE: RPi 2 Quad core. - f1vefour - 6th Feb, 2015 07:50 AM

Either the lz4 patch is not applied correctly in the kernel, or perhaps the boot command is incorrect.

RE: RPi 2 Quad core. - CurlyMo - 6th Feb, 2015 08:32 AM

We're working on it. Already have a working Raspberry Pi 2 here with XBian, but it needs polishing in regard to packages.

RE: RPi 2 Quad core. - Dave400 - 6th Feb, 2015 09:01 AM

(6th Feb, 2015 05:24 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  I would love to tell you, but my bloody RPi still havent arrived cos RS messed up the orders when they was selling it even they had run out of stock. damn
Have only received dispatch update today, so if I am going to be lucky I may receive it tomorrow
They screwed mine as well, they tried to blame it on Parcelfarce for having a 'carry over'

RE: RPi 2 Quad core. - rikardo1979 - 6th Feb, 2015 03:54 PM

(6th Feb, 2015 09:01 AM)Dave400 Wrote:  
(6th Feb, 2015 05:24 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  I would love to tell you, but my bloody RPi still havent arrived cos RS messed up the orders when they was selling it even they had run out of stock. damn
They screwed mine as well, they tried to blame it on Parcelfarce for having a 'carry over'

you have a better one Dave, I give you that Big Grin
I only received message about dispatch yesterday! and when I tried to track it down on Parcelforce web it gaves me just and error message.
Fingers crossed for today for both of us Wink

RE: RPi 2 Quad core. - Skywatch - 6th Feb, 2015 06:22 PM

(6th Feb, 2015 08:32 AM)CurlyMo Wrote:  We're working on it. Already have a working Raspberry Pi 2 here with XBian, but it needs polishing in regard to packages.

Woah! - That's great news...

S.
PS I got the 'delay' message from RS too..... Sad

RPi 2 Quad core. - hrabeX - 6th Feb, 2015 07:20 PM

Received Pi2 two days ago and praying all the time for xbian update [WINKING FACE]