Forum
more problems - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Configuration (/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: more problems (/thread-269.html)

more problems - julius02 - 15th Jan, 2013 07:43 PM

Hi guys. I am really impressed with xbian but I have come across something now that has probably put me off now.
1.Large 1080 files refuse to play. This seems to have been since a firmware and software update as recommended from another post to solve the grey screen on fast forward and rewind.
2.I am also having problems with cec - looses link between raspberry pi and Samsung TV every so often.
3.Cannot implement custom boot logo
4.Plugging in usb devices causes whole system to reboot.

I am really impressed and really want to keep this as a designated media player but I feel there are too many bugs.
It is a shame; if these were ironed out then this would be the best media player in my opinion that is currently out there.
On a plus note, I have to say that how it deals with dts audio is just amazing and puts it above the competition - openelec and raspbmc.

RE: more problems - CurlyMo - 15th Jan, 2013 08:02 PM

3) This function will not be implemented anytime soon. Let us first be - the first - that implements an actual animated boot splash on the RPi.
4) Probably caused by insufficient power. Did you try a powered usb hub?

RE: more problems - julius02 - 15th Jan, 2013 08:20 PM

(15th Jan, 2013 08:02 PM)CurlyMo Wrote:  3) This function will not be implemented anytime soon. Let us first be - the first - that implements an actual animated boot splash on the RPi.
4) Probably caused by insufficient power. Did you try a powered usb hub?

When you say not any time soon... What kind of time scale - a year?
Power supply is 5V 2A

Re: more problems - rikardo1979 - 15th Jan, 2013 08:25 PM

its not matter how big is your PSU for RPi as it is still out about 300mA on USB ports what is not enough always.
Also as u plug in/out the USB devices it may cause power surge and this may triggered the reboot.
So the self powered USB Hub is highly recommended

RE: more problems - CurlyMo - 15th Jan, 2013 09:00 PM

(15th Jan, 2013 08:20 PM)julius02 Wrote:  When you say not any time soon... What kind of time scale - a year?
We are all volunteers with jobs or studies. So, we can never give a time frame. The way we work is we first implement a function and in future releases perfectionize it. There is a splash functionality in the planning that supports templates.

RE: more problems - Koenkk - 15th Jan, 2013 10:00 PM

@Julius if you are not satisfied with the development speed, feel free to help or implementing these things yourself.

RE: more problems - julius02 - 15th Jan, 2013 10:24 PM

(15th Jan, 2013 10:00 PM)Koenkk Wrote:  @Julius if you are not satisfied with the development speed, feel free to help or implementing these things yourself.

I sense a bit of hostility. Don't get me wrong, I am all for the success of xbian. If you care to look at my post further up, you will see I am impressed how it performs!
I think I will try implementing these myself, don't want to upset anyone.

RE: more problems - Koenkk - 15th Jan, 2013 11:48 PM

(15th Jan, 2013 10:24 PM)julius02 Wrote:  
(15th Jan, 2013 10:00 PM)Koenkk Wrote:  @Julius if you are not satisfied with the development speed, feel free to help or implementing these things yourself.

I sense a bit of hostility. Don't get me wrong, I am all for the success of xbian. If you care to look at my post further up, you will see I am impressed how it performs!
I think I will try implementing these myself, don't want to upset anyone.

I sense that here 2
Quote:When you say not any time soon... What kind of time scale - a year?