Forum
Xbian setup detects XBMC/Kodi 14.0 ? - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Installation (/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Xbian setup detects XBMC/Kodi 14.0 ? (/thread-2695.html)

Xbian setup detects XBMC/Kodi 14.0 ? - austerus - 4th Feb, 2015 07:47 AM

Hello all,

Although I'm new to the forums, I've been an XBIAN user for about a year now on my Raspberry Pi (256MB RAM) and decided to upgrade the memory card on the device alongside a new XBIAN version.

Today I downloaded and installed on an SD card the latest (using the Linux installer) and all booted up fine, walked me through the setup (great news looks anad tools by the way).

All of a sudden at the end of the initial setup (just ran with the defaults) it told me I am using XBMC 13.2 when 14.0 is available.

I went to XBIAN > update and run a system update where it updated a couple of packages. Now my system info looks like this:

Free memory: 72Mb
XBIAN version: 20150114-2
XBMC 13.2 Git:20140901-867305b

CPU temp 114F, 840Mhz

My question is: since it warned me about the new XBMC/Kodi, shouldn't the system update automatically? Or do I need to do something?

Thanks!

RE: Xbian setup detects XBMC/Kodi 14.0 ? - rikardo1979 - 4th Feb, 2015 07:58 AM

Yes, you have the latest stable release available. It does not mean you going to have the latest XBMC build tho, it means you have latest XBian build.
So if you would like to have latest XBMC/Kodi build, than as mentioned, you need to switch to staging not stable repositories
hope it helps

RE: Xbian setup detects XBMC/Kodi 14.0 ? - IriDium - 5th Feb, 2015 02:25 AM

This is a mistake on our part I believe. Part of the base image contains a XBMC addon called (I think) XBMC version checker. This runs after the initial XBMC Xbian setup.

This should be removed from the next image released (if possible) as it is confusing for users, as above shows.