Forum
What to do with old RPi - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Community (/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Uncategorized (/forum-59.html)
+--- Thread: What to do with old RPi (/thread-2701.html)

What to do with old RPi - rikardo1979 - 6th Feb, 2015 07:38 AM

Hi folks

So as the new Raspberry Pi 2 is out, and as I believe most of you are getting it, I just wondering what you going to do with your old ones.
I know this is totally off topic, but I'm just curious Smile
This is what I have done with one of my old RPi and now as I waiting for this new which is going to be main XBMC driver, I looking for some ideas what a little project I may start again Big Grin

Roberts 747 - DIY Raspberry Pi internet radio/streamer

RE: Old RPi - f1vefour - 6th Feb, 2015 07:47 AM

Very cool, when I do get a Pi 2 I will just move the model B to my bedroom.

RE: What to do with old RPi - Dave400 - 6th Feb, 2015 09:05 AM

Once the Pi2 turns up, my old Model B will help develop some form of advertising screen and scoreboard for my local bowls club then eventually a video monitor for my daughter..

RE: What to do with old RPi - rikardo1979 - 6th Feb, 2015 04:09 PM

I probably going to turn another old radio into streamer as so many people like it and I have a lot of messages from friends and friends of friends if I can make some more for sale Smile
If I find enough spare time why not, I was even thinking to buy few RPi A+ and use that instead, as there is no need for full fat RPi B

RE: What to do with old RPi - IriDium - 6th Feb, 2015 06:48 PM

I've used mine to be a NAS/Print server using Arch Linux as the base. Works really well and far better than my old Dlink 323 NAS. My Model A is a security camera providing 24/7 footage of all comings and goings in front of my property (Bit pervy I know)

RE: What to do with old RPi - Skywatch - 6th Feb, 2015 08:25 PM

Mine will either go into the kitchen or bedroom for music and video streaming. Maybe even add some sensors to them and add them to the home automation system currently under construction.

S.

RE: What to do with old RPi - rikardo1979 - 7th Feb, 2015 01:49 AM

@IriDium I like the CCTV idea Wink
do you have this documented anywhere so I can have a look please?

RE: What to do with old RPi - Bastlwastl - 7th Feb, 2015 08:16 AM

I think a make an ambilight for my TV, so I have to RASP behind my TV :-)