Forum
[SOLVED] Update latest version Kodi and settings were gone... - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Installation (/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: [SOLVED] Update latest version Kodi and settings were gone... (/thread-2704.html)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Update latest version Kodi and settings were gone... - tina - 14th Feb, 2015 09:46 PM

Hi, guys
I've made a clean install of kodi on rpi.
Copied the contents of addons and addon_data from my old xbmc installation to the new ~/.kodi/addons and ~/.kodi/userdata/addons_data

And I dont' see any addons on the new Kodi installation. The directories are there, but nothing on the TV screen.

also, strange but inspite of clean install I still have .xbmc directory. Not that it bothers me.

RE: Update latest version Kodi and settings were gone... - Exnor - 15th Feb, 2015 12:34 AM

(14th Feb, 2015 07:58 PM)Skywatch Wrote:  
(9th Feb, 2015 01:36 AM)Exnor Wrote:  Discovered another stupid bug... now i cant access SMB shares on my windows machine (no changes on the shares and i can access them on all my other computers including my 2nd Pi that is not updated to this last version...)

Can anyone point me to the file(s) were the configuration is saved? I dont know why but this version (kodi) keeps saving the username but not the password of the share (and no go with anonymous access too).

Thks

This happened to me too. It's the return of the 'overwrite fstab' bug on upgrade.
You will need to 'sudo nano /etc/fstab' and re-add your SMB links there. I have a text file with mine in as it makes this a quick cut 'n' paste job after upgrades.

Skywatch.

Thks for the tip mate Smile

Update latest version Kodi and settings were gone... - Gwystyl - 15th Feb, 2015 06:49 PM

(14th Feb, 2015 09:46 PM)tina Wrote:  Hi, guys
I've made a clean install of kodi on rpi.
Copied the contents of addons and addon_data from my old xbmc installation to the new ~/.kodi/addons and ~/.kodi/userdata/addons_data

And I dont' see any addons on the new Kodi installation. The directories are there, but nothing on the TV screen.

also, strange but inspite of clean install I still have .xbmc directory. Not that it bothers me.

I think there's a file somewhere with which addons are installed You can try to install them manually from within kodi so they get added again, and then overwrite the .kodi/userdata/addons_data

The .xbmc can be a symlink, so I would leave it as it is. If you're sure it's a real folder I would delete it and create a symlink, so you can use addons which aren't adjusted for kodi yet.

RE: Update latest version Kodi and settings were gone... - Skywatch - 15th Feb, 2015 11:12 PM

(15th Feb, 2015 12:34 AM)Exnor Wrote:  Thks for the tip mate Smile
You are most welcome!

I am learning all the time too Wink

Skywatch.

RE: Update latest version Kodi and settings were gone... - Skywatch - 1st Mar, 2015 04:24 AM

I did a major upgrade todae from gotham to kodi and all went smoothly - Well done the devs! Smile

NO problem with fstab overwrite, NO libraries lost, everything just worked straight away! Thank you!

Nice!

RE: Update latest version Kodi and settings were gone... - Exnor - 1st Mar, 2015 05:12 AM

(1st Mar, 2015 04:24 AM)Skywatch Wrote:  I did a major upgrade todae from gotham to kodi and all went smoothly - Well done the devs! Smile

NO problem with fstab overwrite, NO libraries lost, everything just worked straight away! Thank you!

Nice!

And all of your settings and Add-ons were carry over to the .kodi folder? or did had to move them/re-install?

RE: Update latest version Kodi and settings were gone... - Skywatch - 1st Mar, 2015 07:50 PM

@Exnor,

Everything happened automatically - No moving or renaming files. Libraries intact after update, samba shares still working etc.....

It's the most responsive mouse yet on a xbian with model B pi,deliciously smooth..... The devs have done good work on this.

Skywatch.

RE: Update latest version Kodi and settings were gone... - Exnor - 2nd Mar, 2015 03:16 AM

(1st Mar, 2015 07:50 PM)Skywatch Wrote:  @Exnor,

Everything happened automatically - No moving or renaming files. Libraries intact after update, samba shares still working etc.....

It's the most responsive mouse yet on a xbian with model B pi,deliciously smooth..... The devs have done good work on this.

Skywatch.

Thks mate.. now i can update my 2nd Pi ... My 1st one i had to do all that manually Tongue

RE: Update latest version Kodi and settings were gone... - Skywatch - 2nd Mar, 2015 06:28 AM

(2nd Mar, 2015 03:16 AM)Exnor Wrote:  Thks mate.. now i can update my 2nd Pi ... My 1st one i had to do all that manually Tongue

Just beware that there is an apparent issue with external DAC.

S.

RE: Update latest version Kodi and settings were gone... - Exnor - 2nd Mar, 2015 07:14 AM

(2nd Mar, 2015 06:28 AM)Skywatch Wrote:  
(2nd Mar, 2015 03:16 AM)Exnor Wrote:  Thks mate.. now i can update my 2nd Pi ... My 1st one i had to do all that manually Tongue

Just beware that there is an apparent issue with external DAC.

S.

In what way? i'm not experiencing any probs on my 1st Pi...

RE: Update latest version Kodi and settings were gone... - Skywatch - 2nd Mar, 2015 07:37 PM

@Exnor

See here....

http://forum.xbian.org/thread-2451-post-27785.html#pid27785