Forum
[SOLVED] TV Shows and Movies disappeared - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Configuration (/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: [SOLVED] TV Shows and Movies disappeared (/thread-2744.html)

TV Shows and Movies disappeared - Senseohasser - 15th Feb, 2015 04:17 AM

Hi!

I just made a fresh installation of the most recent XBian and copied all userdata and addon files I had saved from my previously running Gotham installation over.

Everything looks fine except that the menu-items TV Shows and Movies disappeared. Huh

I'm running an MySQL on my NAS and the settings in my advancedsettings.xml look okay (they worked fine with the previous installation). The music database seems to be okay as well and my Albums and stuff are listed correctly.

XMBC can access the files itself as they are listed correctly under the menu "Videos" -> "Files" with the correct folder names stated in the sources.xml file.

When I try to access Movies or TV SHows via the XMBC app I receive an error message:

XBMC JSON-RPC Error: Internal Error (Code: -32603) Data: (null)

Any ideas what happened? Sad

RE: TV Shows and Movies disappeared - rikardo1979 - 15th Feb, 2015 04:26 AM

I dont have experience with MySQL but dont you need to rescan libraries again? mean to go on video source and from context menu select Scan for new content

RE: TV Shows and Movies disappeared - menakite - 15th Feb, 2015 05:43 AM

There's an old bug that sometimes sets the content of the sources to "None" when the database is upgraded.
So, verify that and set the content again. "Movies" and "TV shows" are only shown if there's a corresponding source configured IIRC.

RE: TV Shows and Movies disappeared - Senseohasser - 15th Feb, 2015 06:01 AM

(15th Feb, 2015 05:43 AM)menakite Wrote:  There's an old bug that sometimes sets the content of the sources to "None" when the database is upgraded.
So, verify that and set the content again. "Movies" and "TV shows" are only shown if there's a corresponding source configured IIRC.

It seems to be the source of the problem, but I cannot find a solution. I can change the content type from "None" to "TV shows" or "Movies" but it isn't saved :-(

Even if I add a new source and classify it as "TV show" or "Movie" the content type is not saved. Huh

(15th Feb, 2015 06:01 AM)Senseohasser Wrote:  
(15th Feb, 2015 05:43 AM)menakite Wrote:  There's an old bug that sometimes sets the content of the sources to "None" when the database is upgraded.

It seems to be the source of the problem, but I cannot find a solution. I can change the content type from "None" to "TV shows" or "Movies" but it isn't saved :-(

Even if I add a new source and classify it as "TV show" or "Movie" the content type is not saved. Huh

Solved it! Blush

Something must have messed up my database in the upgrade process. I restored a backup and started again and now everything works fine!

Thanks Smile