Forum
OSX installer - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Installation (/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: OSX installer (/thread-2745.html)

OSX installer - calhaus - 14th Feb, 2015 12:49 PM

Updated the OSX version on sourceforge. Please tell me if it works for you guys. Smile

RE: What happened to the linux installer - rikardo1979 - 14th Feb, 2015 03:56 PM

(14th Feb, 2015 12:49 PM)calhaus Wrote:  Updated the OSX version on sourceforge. Please tell me if it works for you guys. Smile

nice one Wink
Posted about it on social media channels so you have a better feedback and we get as many users possible to test

thanks

RE: What happened to the linux installer - Wordshaper - 15th Feb, 2015 12:43 AM

(14th Feb, 2015 12:49 PM)calhaus Wrote:  Updated the OSX version on sourceforge. Please tell me if it works for you guys. Smile

I just gave the OS X version a whirl. Unfortunately it failed with an error -10810, whatever that's supposed to mean. Tried downloads from two different mirrors, tried both the finder and CLI unzipper, and tried running the app for the finder and from the terminal. Same result for all the runs. I'm guessing something got corrupted somewhere along the line.

A quick update: looks like the actual executable bits lost their executable-ness somewhere along the line. Doing:

chmod +x XBian-installer.app/Content/MacOS/*

fixes things up.

RE: What happened to the linux installer - f1vefour - 15th Feb, 2015 03:26 PM

@Wordshaper Thanks for the status update and testing.

RE: OSX installer - rikardo1979 - 15th Feb, 2015 05:53 PM

Thread split, this one is dedicated to OSX installer

Yossemite won't open installer - srvduplex - 15th Feb, 2015 08:36 PM

Hi,

All new with xbian, I downloaded the OSX installer and it won't open for some unknown reason.
in the preference the check box 'trust all apps" is checked
If anyone can let me know how can I launch the installer?

Cheers
Math

RE: Yossemite won't open installer - f1vefour - 15th Feb, 2015 08:39 PM

Try this: http://forum.xbian.org/showthread.php?pid=27122#pid27122

RE: OSX installer - rikardo1979 - 15th Feb, 2015 08:45 PM

(15th Feb, 2015 08:36 PM)srvduplex Wrote:  Hi,

All new with xbian, I downloaded the OSX installer and it won't open for some unknown reason.
in the preference the check box 'trust all apps" is checked
If anyone can let me know how can I launch the installer?

Cheers
Math

Thread merged into this one, no need to open separate thread. Please continue discuss here

RE: OSX installer - f1vefour - 16th Feb, 2015 10:17 AM

Thanks Richard, I was going to merge it but I haven't figured out how with Tapatalk.

RE: OSX installer - rikardo1979 - 16th Feb, 2015 04:51 PM

(16th Feb, 2015 10:17 AM)f1vefour Wrote:  Thanks Richard, I was going to merge it but I haven't figured out how with Tapatalk.
yeah, mod tools in tapa are not good Smile no worries

RE: OSX installer - calhaus - 19th Feb, 2015 02:46 AM

Hi guys, I'm sorry i didn't knew the app had lost its executable-ness. Confused
I've compress it on linux dunno if that was the problem.

I've runned chmod again and compressed it inside OS X. Can you guys tell me if it works right away now? Or you guys still need to run chmod again?
Link: http://www12.zippyshare.com/v/Q1NhdMM5/file.html

RE: OSX installer - f1vefour - 19th Feb, 2015 08:41 PM

Zip files can't keep permissions, you need to use gzip.

RE: OSX installer - IriDium - 20th Feb, 2015 02:50 AM

I would also change the Download Web page to state that the installer is only for Mac OSX 10.6 onwards (Intel chips).

This installer won't run on my 10.4 PPC machine.

RE: OSX installer - calhaus - 21st Feb, 2015 03:51 AM

(20th Feb, 2015 02:50 AM)IriDium Wrote:  I would also change the Download Web page to state that the installer is only for Mac OSX 10.6 onwards (Intel chips).

This installer won't run on my 10.4 PPC machine.

A guy on github told me this last one is executable and working fine, so i've uploaded this version.
And i will add that to readme file in the next upload. He said we is getting a dev mac account and will be able to sign the app, so maybe next week.