Forum
Waiting for header - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Kodi (/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Waiting for header (/thread-2748.html)

Waiting for header - Cuba - 16th Feb, 2015 03:53 AM

Hey all

I have done a new installation today of the latest xBian version today because of an error in apt-get, hanging at "Waiting for header" at 0%.
Unfortunately this has not solved the problem. There was no change in my router settings these days.
Can anyone picture how to fix it?

Greetings
Cuba

RE: Waiting for header - rikardo1979 - 16th Feb, 2015 04:06 AM

have you tried steps from our FAQ page?

RE: Waiting for header - Cuba - 16th Feb, 2015 05:10 AM

Thanks for the quick replay. Smile
I have fallowed the instruction step by step to the end and entered everything like written there, but the situation has not been changed.

Here is a example for the output after some time pending.

Code:
Fetched 631 B in 12min 40s (0 B/s)
Reading package lists... Done
W: A error occurred during the signature verification. The repository is not updated and the previous index files will be used. GPG error: mirror://apt.xbian.org stable Release: The following signatures were invalid: BADSIG 5D3294C2529968ED CurlyMo <development@xbian.org>

W: Failed to fetch mirror://apt.xbian.org/mirror.txt/dists/stable/Release

W: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones

Time and date is correct since I have connection to the internet.

// edit: even XBian Config is hanging at 25%.

RE: Waiting for header - Cuba - 16th Feb, 2015 07:34 AM

Okay, here is a quick fix. I have changed MTU to 962 and things are working again it seems.
I'm wondering how this could happen and how to fix this issue. My router and all other devices are working with a 1500 MTU setting.

Further I notice that when I ping a higher value as 934 the command is hanging without fragmenting anything. Perhaps this helps.

RE: Waiting for header - f1vefour - 16th Feb, 2015 10:16 AM

That is odd, perhaps this should be posted as a github issue. So it seems the standard MTU was fragmenting the signatures causing network corruption.

RE: Waiting for header - Cuba - 22nd Feb, 2015 05:19 PM

Hi again f1and everyone

I have heard that the driver rt5370sta for my tp-link WN727n (first revision) is much more suitable than the stock one.
I tried to replace the stock driver by myself with a kernel panic ending ..-.- Big Grin
I used fallowing commands:

Code:
sudo apt-get install --reinstall linux-headers-$(uname -r) linux-headers-generic build-essential dkms
wget media.cdn.ubuntu-de.org/forum/attachments/13/16/4365112-Ralink_5370sta-2.5.0.3_dkms.tar.gz sudo tar xvf 4365112-Ralink_5370sta-2.5.0.3_dkms.tar.gz -C /usr/src
sudo dkms add -m Ralink_5370sta -v 2.5.0.3
sudo dkms build -m Ralink_5370sta -v 2.5.0.3
sudo dkms install -m Ralink_5370sta -2.5.0.3
sudo mkdir -p /etc/Wireless/RT2870STA
sudo cp /usr/src/Ralink_5370sta-2.5.0.3/src/R

I tried with make first but it produced errors and errors, so I changed to dkms.
The mentioned module is from ubuntu with a. 3.13 Kernel.

.. I'm thankful for every help^^

RE: Waiting for header - f1vefour - 22nd Feb, 2015 10:10 PM

There is a kernel update coming soon, perhaps it will fix your issue.