Forum
[SOLVED] Ubuntu: installer not working, Xbian hangs - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Installation (/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: [SOLVED] Ubuntu: installer not working, Xbian hangs (/thread-2762.html)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Ubuntu: installer not working, Xbian hangs - beach - 21st Feb, 2015 03:53 AM

FOUND IT!

Since the software works with others, I began to suspect the hardware. I use my 1A smartphone PSU for power. I measured the voltage at the GPIO pin and that gave me 4.8V.
Having read previous posts about the rather critical voltage requirement I than powered it up with another PSU. That one measured 4.92VDC at GPIO pins and guess what: Xbian actually started.

Strange that the raspbian software did not have these problems. But as I stated before I read numerous threads about the critical voltage requirement, so the 4.8V is probably just on the edge of working/not working

I´d say this thread can be closed as solved.
My suggestion is to make a link in the download page for a 32bit installer, or add some info how to dd the linux source on a linux system.

And many many thanks for all your support.

Oh and surely I am going to connect my wireless keyboard/mouse and hook it up to the internet, The info was just put in a previous post to give you as much info about my setup as possible.

Thanx Again I´l now have a look at Xbian and all of its features.

RE: Ubuntu: installer not working, Xbian hangs - rikardo1979 - 21st Feb, 2015 03:57 AM

@beach
nice to hear Wink and thank you for update

RE: Ubuntu: installer not working, Xbian hangs - beach - 21st Feb, 2015 04:47 AM

I just downloaded the installer source and compiled it on my 32bit machine. It is now ´burning´ my SD-card. Interested to get the executable? How can I upload it?

Just my 50cts to the project.......

RE: Ubuntu: installer not working, Xbian hangs - IriDium - 21st Feb, 2015 05:00 AM

@beach I'm glad you got it working, but it doesn't make sense. I've run Rpi model A + B with suspect PSU ~ 500ma without issues. I've a feeling the new RPI2 has a problem with power management as I too have had issues with PSU of known quality.

I agree with the 32bit installer comment and I'd also recommend that an MD5 be included to eliminate download issues.

Glad to hear that all is good for you. If you have any problems, we can always try to help