Forum
Prevent system shutdown with Kodi - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Kodi (/forum-18.html)
+---- Forum: Kodi Settings (/forum-36.html)
+---- Thread: Prevent system shutdown with Kodi (/thread-2763.html)

Prevent system shutdown with Kodi - palswim - 20th Feb, 2015 08:00 AM

It appears that we formerly had the ability to change the behavior of XBMC/Kodi when a user selected the "Power off" function. As I understood it, this would control the behavior of Kodi whether the user selected the "Power off" from the Kodi interface, from the remote, or via other RPCs.

Naturally, running on the Pi, having "suspend" or "hibernate" options didn't make much sense, and actually caused problems, so the team removed them.

But, I want to be able to configure my Kodi system in such a way that the "Power off" command either does nothing or simply exits the Kodi application, rather than effects any system-wide change. Reading the Kodi docs, I can change this in the "System > Power saving" section of the Kodi Settings. But, on my system, I cannot change this setting, even if I set the "Shutdown function timer" setting first.

I tried setting the shutdownstate node value in the powermanagement section of the guisettings.xml (~/.kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml) file:
Code:
<powermanagement>
    <shutdownstate>0</shutdownstate>
</powermanagement>

But, no value I set here affected the setting in the Kodi interface. How do I change this behavior of Kodi?

RE: Prevent system shutdown with Kodi - IriDium - 21st Feb, 2015 02:55 AM

Can you check you have a softlink in your home directory called .xbmc.

I have a feeling that it may not be looking in the wrong location.

I do know in the skin Amber you can disable what is shown in the shutdown menu. Not that it much help.

RE: Prevent system shutdown with Kodi - palswim - 23rd Feb, 2015 10:03 AM

(21st Feb, 2015 02:55 AM)IriDium Wrote:  Can you check you have a softlink in your home directory called .xbmc.

I have a feeling that it may not be looking in the wrong location.

I had .xbmc in my home directory, but it was its own directory, rather than a softlink to the ~/.kodi directory (and .kodi was also a directory).

So, I correspondingly updated the powermanagement section of the guisettings.xml file in the .xbmc directory (~/.xbmc/userdata/guisettings.xml), but the Kodi interface still reflected no change.