Forum
USB Infrared Toy v2 from dangurous prototypes - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Hardware (/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Remotes and CEC support (/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: USB Infrared Toy v2 from dangurous prototypes (/thread-2776.html)

Pages: 1 2

USB Infrared Toy v2 from dangurous prototypes - kasteleman - 23rd Feb, 2015 08:02 AM

Hello,

I have used a USB Infrared Toy v2 before on a ubuntu system, but can not get it working in xbian. The device is seen by the kernel on /dev/ttyMCA0. However, it is not seen within lirc. Would love to get it working. I'm running a rasp 2 (the new quad core).

With regards.

RE: USB Infrared Toy v2 from dangurous prototypes - f1vefour - 23rd Feb, 2015 12:43 PM

You pointing lirc to the dev node?

RE: USB Infrared Toy v2 from dangurous prototypes - kasteleman - 23rd Feb, 2015 03:35 PM

(23rd Feb, 2015 12:43 PM)f1vefour Wrote:  You pointing lirc to the dev node?

Yes, i did that in /etc/lirc/hardware/default.conf after i had a look at /etc/lirc/hardware.conf since none off the cases apply to my configuration and therefore the case * is used.

The guideline at dangerous prototype says, you have to use irman for driver, but that one is not in the list as i run the command lircd --driver=help

RE: USB Infrared Toy v2 from dangurous prototypes - kasteleman - 23rd Feb, 2015 07:53 PM

Perhaps i need newer lirc as stated in git:

0.9.2 12/09/14

Removed functionality:
The smode2 program has been retired from the build, although it still is available in contrib/.
The setup.sh script is removed (build always builds all drivers).
Drivers are loaded dynamically. Many programs including lircd now needs to know where the drivers are located to be able to use them. There are new options, environment variables and hard-coded defaults. See the manpages for more.
A new tool lirc-lsplugins is added to inspect dynamic driver modules.
New, unstable configuration script lirc-setup. The script guides user when selecting both capture device and remote config. It sports auto- detection of most devices, searching and downloading from the remotes database and a considerable amount of bugs.
The remotes/ directory has become obsolete, only used for testing. New configuration tools uses the remotes database at http://sf.net/p/lirc-remotes as the only source (#53). A new tool irdb-get(1) supports searching and downloading from remotes database.
Building on MacOSX has been refreshed, multiple bugfixes.
New devices and features:
Support for the Dangerous Prototypes irtoy device is added (#20).

Support for for sonyir on MacOSX is added. This is a single hiddev device; with the framework in place hopefully more devices will be added over time.
Support for the DIY assembly kit yard2 usb ir device is added. This is an experimental driver which depends on a server which currently is not packaged in any major distro; a Debian/Ubuntu PPA is available.
Support for the Roku remote protocol added (#8).
Support for long keypresses has been added. See the "Configuring LIRC" chapter in the manual, search for "ignore_first_event" (#50).

RE: USB Infrared Toy v2 from dangurous prototypes - f1vefour - 23rd Feb, 2015 08:49 PM

It appears that is the issue, you could compile it yourself.

RE: USB Infrared Toy v2 from dangurous prototypes - kasteleman - 24th Feb, 2015 06:53 AM

No luck:

./configure gives the following:

./configure: line 17222: syntax error near unexpected token `FTDI,libftdi,,true'
./configure: line 17222: `PKG_CHECK_MODULES(FTDI,libftdi,,true)'

Angry

Ah, found a solution using https://github.com/wwwutz/lirc-irtoy2-raspi
Only thing left to do is record the ircommands.... Smile

RE: USB Infrared Toy v2 from dangurous prototypes - CurlyMo - 24th Feb, 2015 09:10 AM

Can you test this package:
Code:
cd /opt
wget http://download.xbian.org/testing/xbian-package-lirc1.5.1.deb
dpkg -i xbian-package-lirc1.5.1.deb

If you have a working remote configuration, please share it with us!

RE: USB Infrared Toy v2 from dangurous prototypes - kasteleman - 24th Feb, 2015 09:23 AM

(24th Feb, 2015 09:10 AM)CurlyMo Wrote:  Can you test this package:
Code:
cd /opt

Get the error if i run mode2:

mode2: could not get file information for /dev/lirc
mode2: default_init(): No such file or directory

What am i missing? Have to set the device to /dev/ttyACM0

RE: USB Infrared Toy v2 from dangurous prototypes - CurlyMo - 24th Feb, 2015 09:34 AM

I don't know. I don't own the device. I'm just working on an updated lirc version with new modules Smile This is a testing version of it.

I just realized that this is a version w/o the patches. I will post a version with the correct patches tomorrow.

RE: USB Infrared Toy v2 from dangurous prototypes - kasteleman - 24th Feb, 2015 05:03 PM

(24th Feb, 2015 09:34 AM)CurlyMo Wrote:  I don't know. I don't own the device. I'm just working on an updated lirc version with new modules Smile This is a testing version of it.

I just realized that this is a version w/o the patches. I will post a version with the correct patches tomorrow.

These are the outputs of dmesg:

dmesg | grep -i Dangerous Prototypes
[ 2.743249] usb 1-1.3: Manufacturer: Dangerous Prototypes

xbian@xbian /etc/lirc $ dmesg | grep -i "ttyACM0"
[ 7.959624] cdc_acm 1-1.3:1.0: ttyACM0: USB ACM device

That means i can expand the hardware.conf with a case as the following?

*"Dangerous Prototypes"*)
. /etc/lirc/hardware/irtoy.conf
;;

And set the option in irtoy.conf
To include some captured ir commands i then can change lircd.conf to:

include "/etc/lirc/remotes/apple-a1156.conf"
include "/etc/lirc/remotes/devinput.conf"
include "/etc/lirc/remotes/smt1000t.conf"
include "/etc/lirc/remotes/srm7500.conf"
include "/etc/lirc/remotes/x10-or32e.conf"
include "/etc/lirc/remotes/xbox.conf"
include "/etc/lirc/remotes/mceusb.conf"
include "/etc/lirc/remotes/irtoy.conf"

Do i stand correct?

RE: USB Infrared Toy v2 from dangurous prototypes - CurlyMo - 24th Feb, 2015 07:02 PM

I've compiled a working version of lirc with the usb_irtoy driver. Problem was that the patch contained an error so the usb_irtoy driver couldn't be compiled together with the other drivers. I fixed it, mailed the author of the patch about it, and compiled our own version Smile
Code:
wget http://download.xbian.org/testing/xbian-package-lirc20150227.deb
dpkg -i xbian-package-lirc20150227.deb

RE: USB Infrared Toy v2 from dangurous prototypes - kasteleman - 24th Feb, 2015 08:10 PM

(24th Feb, 2015 09:10 AM)CurlyMo Wrote:  Can you test this package:
Code:
cd /opt

Installed the deb file.
Then i followed the manual to configure the remote. This is what i get:

root@xbian:/etc/lirc# /etc/init.d/lirc stop
lirc stop/waiting
root@xbian:/etc/lirc# mode2
mode2: could not get file information for /dev/lirc
mode2: default_init(): No such file or directory

What am i missing?

RE: USB Infrared Toy v2 from dangurous prototypes - CurlyMo - 24th Feb, 2015 10:37 PM

You didn't install the latest deb.

RE: USB Infrared Toy v2 from dangurous prototypes - kasteleman - 24th Feb, 2015 11:26 PM

(24th Feb, 2015 10:37 PM)CurlyMo Wrote:  You didn't install the latest deb.

Yes i did!

Idea
It helps if i put usb_irtoy in the driver section.........now figuring out the options for the configurationfiles.....and some irrecording to be done.....

RE: USB Infrared Toy v2 from dangurous prototypes - CurlyMo - 24th Feb, 2015 11:43 PM

(24th Feb, 2015 11:26 PM)kasteleman Wrote:  
(24th Feb, 2015 10:37 PM)CurlyMo Wrote:  You didn't install the latest deb.
Yes i did!
Then don't quote old posts Wink

I you have a working setup, i will add your files to the package so all users can use the IRToy from then on.