Forum
Kernel Panic - not syncing: fatal exception - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Configuration (/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Kernel Panic - not syncing: fatal exception (/thread-2783.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Kernel Panic - not syncing: fatal exception - Exnor - 23rd Mar, 2015 01:47 AM

(22nd Mar, 2015 06:51 AM)f1vefour Wrote:  Could you post that picture to github with @mk01 in the post, he knows a lot more than I about btrfs.

Sure. can you point me to the correct url of the topic/thread please?

RE: Kernel Panic - not syncing: fatal exception - Exnor - 25th Mar, 2015 01:47 AM

(23rd Mar, 2015 01:47 AM)Exnor Wrote:  
(22nd Mar, 2015 06:51 AM)f1vefour Wrote:  Could you post that picture to github with @mk01 in the post, he knows a lot more than I about btrfs.

Sure. can you point me to the correct url of the topic/thread please?

Done... hope he can help because a fresh installation its giving me the same problem.

RE: Kernel Panic - not syncing: fatal exception - viti - 4th Jun, 2015 08:13 PM

Hi there,

first of all sorry about my english Tongue i will try write my problem...

I have the same error sometimes, after some reboots I can see a little pattern in my problem...

I have a raspi model b+, with the latest xbian and the latest transmission (all stablle). I delete the "sync" parameter in /etc/usbmount/usbmount.conf and the the raspi don't crush every two hour Confused Now the system hold on one day more or less... and the performance is good than before.

Ok, next step, I chang my settings.json, I change the maximum cache size to 16, and put limits to download and upload. Then I don't see any difference... but the kodi interface is very fast now Smile

So, I think that I have found my problem, my system crash, and crush in few minutes, when I download a torrent with folder and many files. When the transmission start to download this torrents, the system crash and I can see the some errors put before (Kernel Panic - not syncing).

Is there any way to indicate to transmission that ONLY DOWLOAD ONE FILE AT SAME TIME?? I can indicate the download torrent queue with 1 torrent, but I can't indicate to transmission that only download only one file of this torrent.

Thank you and sorry about my english nightmare post Big Grin

Regards!

RE: Kernel Panic - not syncing: fatal exception - thenork - 10th Jun, 2015 06:51 AM

I also had the kernel panics. I am using kernel 3.18.8+. I followed advice from the github issue page:

Terminal
apt-get install xbian-package-xbmc=14.1-1423177674

And now it has not kp'ed in a week. I also have a external hard drive (Ext4), and was getting the kps with or without Transmission running.

RE: Kernel Panic - not syncing: fatal exception - viti - 11th Jun, 2015 04:01 AM

(10th Jun, 2015 06:51 AM)thenork Wrote:  I also had the kernel panics. I am using kernel 3.18.8+. I followed advice from the github issue page:

Terminal

And now it has not kp'ed in a week. I also have a external hard drive (Ext4), and was getting the kps with or without Transmission running.

Thanks, do you have the link from github??

Regards!

RE: Kernel Panic - not syncing: fatal exception - palswim - 13th Jun, 2015 02:51 AM

(11th Jun, 2015 04:01 AM)viti Wrote:  
(10th Jun, 2015 06:51 AM)thenork Wrote:  I also had the kernel panics. I am using kernel 3.18.8+. I followed advice from the github issue page:

Terminal

Thanks, do you have the link from github??

Kernel Panic issue in Github.