Forum
[PROBLEM] Kodi 14.2 forgets screen calibration - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Configuration (/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: [PROBLEM] Kodi 14.2 forgets screen calibration (/thread-2796.html)

Kodi 14.2 forgets screen calibration - Senseohasser - 1st Mar, 2015 01:31 AM

Hi!

Since switching to the new version 14.x my Xbian constantly "forgets" the calibration settings for the screen (the picture is bigger than my TV screen). Confused

My TV settings haven't changed at all (it's a Samsung LCD from 2014), the screen-setting is 16:9. When I set it to "Fit to screen" it works fine unless sometimes Xbian seems to remember the calibration settings (I cannot figure out any system when this happens) and then the picture is smaller than my TV screen. Huh

Any ideas what is happening?

RE: Kodi 14.2 forgets screen calibration - IriDium - 1st Mar, 2015 02:42 AM

No idea what has changed. Can you:
1) Check /boot/config.txt and check for any overscan entries. If none, then: goto 2
1a) If there are overscan entries, comment them out, reboot and see if that helps.
2) run tvservice -d tvservice.dat
3) run edidparser tvservice.dat > tvservice.txt
4) run cat tvservice.txt |more

Look for the:
HDMI:EDID found preferred CEA detail timing format xxxxxx
and later on
HDMI:EDID found CEA format: code yy which matches the above.

set in config.txt
hdmi_group=1
hdmi_mode=yy

and reboot.

RE: Kodi 14.2 forgets screen calibration - f1vefour - 1st Mar, 2015 02:44 AM

It's a known issue (sort of) https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian/issues/667

RE: Kodi 14.2 forgets screen calibration - Senseohasser - 1st Mar, 2015 09:53 PM

Ah, okay, that sounds like my problem... Hope it will be fixed soon.

RE: Kodi 14.2 forgets screen calibration - Jibbij - 7th Mar, 2015 08:12 AM

I had this issue after an update as well (1360x768 tv, went back to 720p with overscan). I was able to fix it by readjusting my config.txt and making sure that Kodi's settings were the same. I then rebooted. It took a few times to stick, so it might just be about doing it in the right order. Perhaps the Kodi Appearance page should have the ability to save such adjustments in config.txt for the Pi as well.

RE: Kodi 14.2 forgets screen calibration - abramq - 8th Mar, 2015 11:17 AM

I do confirm it too - on my Pi2 calibration settings are lost after reboot.
It is strange, because on other distros (OSMC, OpenELEC - also with Kodi) and the same TV calibraion is working well even after reboot...

Re: RE: Kodi 14.2 forgets screen calibration - f1vefour - 8th Mar, 2015 11:53 AM

Could you try what I posted here: https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian/issues/648

Quote:Try adding this to /boot/config.txt then reboot, calibrate and reboot/restart kodi and see if it sticks

hdmi_ignore_edid=0xa5000080

RE: Kodi 14.2 forgets screen calibration - kymyA - 22nd Apr, 2015 08:26 PM

Hi boys... my first post!
I have installed my new Rasp2 and i have the same issue. I also noticed that, on Meteo page, if i click two times ESCape when returns to home page the issue popups

Fix for this?
(and on first boot i cannot change from DHCP to fixed IP... Sad )

On Raspv1 this not happens

(sorry for my pseudo-english, too)

RE: Kodi 14.2 forgets screen calibration - celinedion - 11th Jan, 2023 02:30 PM

This bug has been reported to affect both Kodi 14.2 Krypton and Kodi 17 Jarvis. If you experience this bug, you can try to reset the screen calibration by going to the Kodi settings and selecting "Reset Screen Calibration."mapquest driving directions