Forum
Audio CD in xbian - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Kodi (/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Audio CD in xbian (/thread-2798.html)

Audio CD in xbian - Forfiter - 1st Mar, 2015 07:06 AM

Hi guys!
Please help me out.

Software
XBian version: 1.0Beta2
XBMC/Kodi version: 12.2 Git
Overclock settings: default

Hardware
Device type and model Raspberry Pi Model B 512 MB
Power supply rating: 5V
SD card size and make/type: 2GB class 2
Network (Ethernet or wireless): Eth
Connected devices (TV, USB, network storage, ...): monitor, keyboard, 2TB WD drive, everything connected via external powered hub AND... the problem

Log files
Link to logfile(s): I don't think it's needed in my case...

Problem description:
So a few days ago I bought an ATA to USB bridge to connect an old dvd drive (taken out from WinXP computer) to the RPi and create a music system controlled via iPad/Android.
When I connect the DVD drive via the bridge to my W8 ultrabook it works like a charm (except the constant noise), just like my new ASUS DVD drive. Next, when I connect it to the RPi (in Raspbian), it's the same. Windows software is visible and audio CDs are opening in VLC. It just works on both drives.
And the problem arrives in xbian. (Just to say now, I've tested everything on the ASUS drive and the old LG drive, and the effects were exactly the same.) When I put in the drive some CD with Win software the title of it appears in /dev/disk/by-label (in the XBMC file manager) as some kind of 0 B file. Of course there's nothing I can do with it. But when I put an audio CD it just buzzzzes for some 5 secs, and stops. That's all.

How to reproduce:
N/A
So now, where's the problem? Codecs? Drivers? or maybe it just... won't work? I really need your help guys, many thanks,

RE: Audio CD in xbian - Ashwin - 10th Mar, 2015 09:29 PM

(1st Mar, 2015 07:06 AM)Forfiter Wrote:  Hi guys!
Please help me out.

Software
XBian version: 1.0Beta2
XBMC/Kodi version: 12.2 Git
Overclock settings: default

Hardware
Device type and model Raspberry Pi Model B 512 MB
Power supply rating: 5V
SD card size and make/type: 2GB class 2
Network (Ethernet or wireless): Eth
Connected devices (TV, USB, network storage, ...): monitor, keyboard, 2TB WD drive, everything connected via external powered hub AND... the problem

Log files
Link to logfile(s): I don't think it's needed in my case...

Problem description:
So a few days ago I bought an ATA to USB bridge to connect an old dvd drive (taken out from WinXP computer) to the RPi and create a music system controlled via iPad/Android.
When I connect the DVD drive via the bridge to my W8 ultrabook it works like a charm (except the constant noise), just like my new ASUS DVD drive. Next, when I connect it to the RPi (in Raspbian), it's the same. Windows software is visible and audio CDs are opening in VLC. It just works on both drives.
And the problem arrives in xbian. (Just to say now, I've tested everything on the ASUS drive and the old LG drive, and the effects were exactly the same.) When I put in the drive some CD with Win software the title of it appears in /dev/disk/by-label (in the XBMC file manager) as some kind of 0 B file. Of course there's nothing I can do with it. But when I put an audio CD it just buzzzzes for some 5 secs, and stops. That's all.

How to reproduce:
N/A
So now, where's the problem? Codecs? Drivers? or maybe it just... won't work? I really need your help guys, many thanks,
I guess that xbian or kodi rather does not have driver for your device DVD drive.

RE: Audio CD in xbian - IriDium - 10th Mar, 2015 11:25 PM

I guess waiting more than two hours is too much for you!!!

Is the drive visible in System -> System -> Information -> Storage.

If so, can you post the output of dmesg and kodi.log via pastebin.