Forum
Newbie question - how play DVD's? - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Kodi (/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Newbie question - how play DVD's? (/thread-281.html)

Newbie question - how play DVD's? - lmkk - 18th Jan, 2013 06:01 AM

Just bought my Pi and have installed xbian 1.0 Alpha 4 on it.
And now I have problems playing DVD movie on xbian - I have purchased the mpeg2 and vc1 licenses and added them.
On my nas I have the DVD movie as ISO's where these ISO contains (when mounted) audio and video folders where the video contains x_1.vob and x_2.vob.
If I press "select" on one of the vob it plays that part/section of the movie fine, but I can not get xbian/xbmc to play the whole movie in go (I hope I making sense).
How do I solve this? I have tried pressing play both on the root folder of the movie, and the video_ts.vob with no success. Can anyone help out?

RE: Newbie question - how play DVD's? - Uncle_Tubbie - 18th Jan, 2013 06:49 AM

Someone else might have a better answer, but can you convert them to AVI or MKV?

Re: Newbie question - how play DVD's? - rikardo1979 - 18th Jan, 2013 06:58 AM

DVD or ISO playback is still in early development stage so you can find it a bit tricky.
In theory it should work even with menu navigation as some users reported but there is no guarantee.
This feature still required a lot of work and devs time. By devs I dont mean XBian devs or community but the whole XBMC world Wink who is working on RPi
Cool

RE: Newbie question - how play DVD's? - lmkk - 18th Jan, 2013 07:26 PM

(18th Jan, 2013 06:49 AM)Uncle_Tubbie Wrote:  Someone else might have a better answer, but can you convert them to AVI or MKV?
Yes but I would like to avoid spending time doing that - I download them as ISO files and right now I play that ISO directly on my laptop with VLC.
I was hoping to play them directly on the Pi without spending time converting but it seems like I have to do that Sad

(18th Jan, 2013 06:58 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  DVD or ISO playback is still in early development stage so you can find it a bit tricky.
In theory it should work even with menu navigation as some users reported but there is no guarantee.
This feature still required a lot of work and devs time. By devs I dont mean XBian devs or community but the whole XBMC world Wink who is working on RPi
Cool
Not what I was hoping for, but your reply is greatly appreciated!

RE: Newbie question - how play DVD's? - Zanardi - 19th Jan, 2013 09:03 AM

In addition to loading times between one chapter and the next...
the main problem is that every time you need to set the language!!!

Where can we find information on future developments on the DVD format?

My girlfriend starts complaining Big Grin

RE: Newbie question - how play DVD's? - namtih - 19th Jan, 2013 10:11 PM

(19th Jan, 2013 09:03 AM)Zanardi Wrote:  Where can we find information on future developments on the DVD format?

This is the used media player:
https://github.com/huceke/omxplayer

So if you have a github account, you could create an issue ticket.

RE: Newbie question - how play DVD's? - Zanardi - 20th Jan, 2013 03:26 AM

(19th Jan, 2013 10:11 PM)namtih Wrote:  So if you have a github account, you could create an issue ticket.

Thank you for the link.

I find this request: DVD folder iso support, 5 months ago