Forum
[PROBLEM] Upgrade Xbian for use with Raspberry Pi 2 - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Configuration (/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: [PROBLEM] Upgrade Xbian for use with Raspberry Pi 2 (/thread-2814.html)

Upgrade Xbian for use with Raspberry Pi 2 - kusti8 - 6th Mar, 2015 11:30 PM

Is there a way to upgrade xbian for use with the raspberry pi and the raspberry pi 2. I could multiboot them, but my main problem is upgrading an existing image. I have made changes to it like making an AP which took a long time to get right and would rather not do that again on a fresh card. I assume I could just copy the boot files from the pi2 image that I got?

Thanks!

RE: Upgrade Xbian for use with Raspberry Pi 2 - IriDium - 8th Mar, 2015 03:12 AM

At the moment, I don't believe it is possible to dual (or should it be duel) boot. I know the devs are working on a single image for all versions of the RPi but even when they do and upgrade will be difficult due to dependencies and kernel issues.

However, it should be possible (With the right kernel) to run RPi1 on the RPi2 but not vice versa.

RE: Upgrade Xbian for use with Raspberry Pi 2 - kusti8 - 8th Mar, 2015 04:16 AM

(8th Mar, 2015 03:12 AM)IriDium Wrote:  At the moment, I don't believe it is possible to dual (or should it be duel) boot. I know the devs are working on a single image for all versions of the RPi but even when they do and upgrade will be difficult due to dependencies and kernel issues.

However, it should be possible (With the right kernel) to run RPi1 on the RPi2 but not vice versa.

What I'm looking for is simply a way to run it on the 2. I looked and I seem to have to copy the boot partition and change /lib/modules as well. I will try and report back. What I plan to do to get around the single image restriction is to use NOOBS or berry boot to multiboot the two images.

RE: Upgrade Xbian for use with Raspberry Pi 2 - CurlyMo - 8th Mar, 2015 06:28 AM

Try putting the kernel.img of RPi2 in the boot partition named kernel7.img.