Forum
[SOLVED] Raspberry Pi 2 - first installation not working - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Installation (/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: [SOLVED] Raspberry Pi 2 - first installation not working (/thread-2818.html)

Raspberry Pi 2 - first installation not working - munich - 8th Mar, 2015 01:45 AM

I just wanted to test Xbian on my new Pi 2 but I can't get it installed.

I installed XBian last version via windows 7 on a 8Gb Transcend SHDC Class 10 Cards.

The attached Display via HDMI stays black, after switching on the power. The green LED at the PI 2 blinks two times and stays off. The red LED shines. Nothing happens ...

config.txt states:
initramfs initramfs.gz 0x1000000
gpu_mem_1024=256
gpu_mem_512=144
gpu_mem_256=100
initial_turbo=3
hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1
disable_overscan=1
disable_splash=1
arm_freq=840
core_freq=320
sdram_freq=400

Any help to get it working is highly welcome.

RE: Raspberry Pi 2 - first installation not working - hendyp - 8th Mar, 2015 02:14 AM

I had the same problem until 15 minutes ago, only with a larger SD card.

After I tried the NOOBS image and it warned me that Raspbmc was not compatible, I noticed that the file extracted from the current XBian_Latest_rpi2.img.gz did not have the '2' in its name.

Downloaded XBian_2015.03.07_rpi2.img.gz from http://sourceforge.net/projects/xbian/files/release/, extracted it and wrote the file to the SD card with Win32DiskImager. Now I am greeted with "Welcome to XBian". Smile

Maybe that works for you, too. Good luck!

RE: Raspberry Pi 2 - first installation not working - IriDium - 8th Mar, 2015 02:19 AM

How did you install the image? Via Xbian-Installer or Win32Diskimager?

Are you sure you downloaded the correct image? There is a difference between the two at the moment.

Try the Xbian-installer and select Raspberry Pi2

RE: Raspberry Pi 2 - first installation not working - hendyp - 8th Mar, 2015 02:27 AM

(8th Mar, 2015 02:19 AM)IriDium Wrote:  How did you install the image? Via Xbian-Installer or Win32Diskimager?
Are you sure you downloaded the correct image? There is a difference between the two at the moment.
Try the Xbian-installer and select Raspberry Pi2

For me: I tried both Xbian-Installer (selected Pi2 and Latest) and the Xbian_latest_rpi2.img.gz with win32diskimager (extracting the file before applying it).
XBian_2015.03.07_rpi2.img.gz with win32diskimager seems to work, I'm currently exploring the packages...

RE: Raspberry Pi 2 - first installation not working - IriDium - 8th Mar, 2015 02:31 AM

Ok thanks, I was more concerned with @munich who seems not to have gotten it working. Sounds like the installer and download are all ok.

RE: Raspberry Pi 2 - first installation not working - munich - 8th Mar, 2015 04:33 AM

(8th Mar, 2015 02:14 AM)hendyp Wrote:  I had the same problem until 15 minutes ago, only with a larger SD card.

After I tried the NOOBS image and it warned me that Raspbmc was not compatible, I noticed that the file extracted from the current XBian_Latest_rpi2.img.gz did not have the '2' in its name.

Downloaded XBian_2015.03.07_rpi2.img.gz from http://sourceforge.net/projects/xbian/files/release/, extracted it and wrote the file to the SD card with Win32DiskImager. Now I am greeted with "Welcome to XBian". Smile

Maybe that works for you, too. Good luck!

Thank you, that worked.
First I tried it with the Xbian-Installer (selected Pi2 and Latest), no success.
But downloading the XBian_2015.03.07_rpi2.img.gz file and using Win32DiskImager did the job! Thank you!