Forum
[SOLVED] Kernel Panic randomly on 2 units (rPi 1 model B) - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Installation (/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: [SOLVED] Kernel Panic randomly on 2 units (rPi 1 model B) (/thread-2827.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Kernel Panic randomly on 2 units (rPi 1 model B) - kataclank - 21st Apr, 2015 12:25 AM

with or without lzo compression?

RE: Kernel Panic randomly on 2 units (rPi 1 model B) - Exnor - 21st Apr, 2015 01:57 AM

(21st Apr, 2015 12:25 AM)kataclank Wrote:  with or without lzo compression?

LZO... as stated before.

LZO on the central partition and LZ4 for RAMFS.

Still dont get your hopes up. This only resolved the Kernel Panics... Kodi 14.x is still slowish and erratic compared to XBMC 13.x. The only reason i don't revert back is to keep updated.

So far and after a LOT of tests (I/O and CPU stress, network, etc.. with Kodi off) i'm very inclined to believe that this is a Kodi and support software issue and not a Linux Kernel issue.
But i leave the conclusions to the devs...

Here is the copy of my cmdline.txt

Terminal

telnet zswap.enabled=1 zswap.compressor=lz4 sdhci-bcm2708.sync_after_dma=0 dwc_otg.lpm_enable=0 console=tty1 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 r$

RE: Kernel Panic randomly on 2 units (rPi 1 model B) - syco - 21st Apr, 2015 06:51 PM

I have a feeling, Kodi just was not made
for low-end devices like our Pis.

Re: RE: Kernel Panic randomly on 2 units (rPi 1 model B) - f1vefour - 22nd Apr, 2015 05:40 AM

(21st Apr, 2015 06:51 PM)syco Wrote:  I have a feeling, Kodi just was not made
It was originally designed to run on the original Xbox, 512mb RAM and a 700mhz Intel PIII based processor...or at least I believe that was the specs, best I can remember.

RE: Kernel Panic randomly on 2 units (rPi 1 model B) - Exnor - 22nd Apr, 2015 09:26 AM

(22nd Apr, 2015 05:40 AM)f1vefour Wrote:  
(21st Apr, 2015 06:51 PM)syco Wrote:  I have a feeling, Kodi just was not made
It was originally designed to run on the original Xbox, 512mb RAM and a 700mhz Intel PIII based processor...or at least I believe that was the specs, best I can remember.

Custom Pentium 3 @ 733Mhz and 64MiB RAM (shared with the GPU with UMA)(512MiB is the xb360).

And it worked great (still have my original Xbox with Xecuter ship).

On the Kodi problem... updated today and is still randomly sluggish and now it as problem decoding AVC files... dont know if the Hardware acceleration code is broken or what but both my units have the same problem since Kodi 14.1 (14.0.something was fine..).

Also one of my unitis is now back on LZ4 compression and still no other problems...

Any ideas on what might be happening? is it time to upgrade to the Raspberry Pi 2 or what?