Forum
[SOLVED] hdmi screen keeps reconecting while play/stop - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Others (/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: [SOLVED] hdmi screen keeps reconecting while play/stop (/thread-2874.html)

Pages: 1 2

hdmi screen keeps reconecting while play/stop - IIIdefconIII - 17th Mar, 2015 11:24 PM

Quote:Software
XBian version: 1.0 (knockout) 3.18.8
XBMC/Kodi version: 14.2 BETA 2
Overclock settings:
1Ghz profile from xbain

Hardware
Raspberry Pi Model B (2)
Power Adapter: Blue Start 110-350V, 50-60Hz 0.1 A
SD card size and make/type: Kingston 8GB microSDHC, SDC10/8GB, Class10
Network (Ethernet or wireless): RaspBerry default port, connected with a cat 6 cable to my router.
Connected devices (TV, USB, network storage, ...): I got a 60 inch Sharp tv, running over a Cinema the vsx-922 hdmi -> to hdmi in raperri pi 2 (B) with 1080P.

Log files
Link to logfile(s):
Kodi Log from XBain 2015.02.14 rpi2 (reconnect problems)
dmesg from XBain 2015.02.14 rpi 2 (reconnect problems)

Kodi Log from XBain 2015.02.07 rpi2 (no reconnections, works ok)
dmesg xBian 2015.02.07 rpi2 (no reconnections, works ok)

Problem description:
Hi,

Im glad to be a new user and owner of a rasperri Pi 2 (B). I just bought it yesterday and have complete set it up like i wish. Soon im trying to get my won ambilight with xbian.

Except for one little problem, as soons as i play or stop a video, it reconnects the hdmi. Is this a sync issue? or is this a xbian related issue. I wanne try the other software too Elec something... But i do think this is a settings somewhere to change the refesh rate of the tv or something idk. Could anywone look in to this for me?

Here a video with some more guided explenation about what is going wrong here.
Thanks!
Faulty reconnection problems: latest beta

Working xBian 2015.02.07 rpi2

How to reproduce:
Well install latest beta, leave everything default, close down the wizard window.
Connect it to a 27 + inch display. Boot it.
Then, start xbmc, added a nfs share for movies, play movie and then it reconnecs hdmi, like it looses it connection for a second. Then pause and its ok, Then Close the movie and it will reconnect again.

(Sometime it start on 640 x 800, i do think this is because i shutdown the system wrong, cause whenever i shutdown. Reconnect hdmi + power and boot again i get the 1080p resolution back.
common issue after installing other product or shutdown improperly?, that it resets to 640 x 800? can this question also be answered)

What i tried to solve this and Findings
* Defaulting back stable version, this works flawless.
* Connected directly to tv without cinema
* Disable the builtin tv option (swap channels automaticly of something get regonisez on hdmi) (later i realised that the raspberry is connected to cinema, so the tv input wouldnt change) (but after that i realised that i connect it to tv to test without cinema, so users can try this option if their stuck) (lol)
* Its not harware related, openElec works fine no recconections... just works...
* Its not 60 inch related, i have the same problem on my 27 dell screens. Am i the only one or i cant find this problem enywhere but should it be more user related then? not sure...
* Adjust display refresh rate to match video" enabled in Settings->Video->Playback

* NOTE: After every install i did a clean windows safe removal and i shutted down Kodi each time completely. I also disconnected the hdmi and power cable after shutting down. And connecting them after i putted the fresh sd card back in to prevent any issues.
** Left all settings default after clean installation trys

Current Progress: / Final findings
Narrowing down with version corrupted.
XBain 2015.03.07 rpi2 fails
XBian 2015.02.28 rpi2 fails
xBian 2015.02.21 rpi2 fails
xBian 2015.02.14 rpi2 fails
xBian 2015.02.07 rpi2, finally narrowed it down, this is the last version when it works normally for me and i didnt got the hdmi signal loss.

Posted on github
https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian/issues/703

RE: hdmi screen keeps reconecting while play/stop - IriDium - 18th Mar, 2015 12:29 AM

Firstly I'd reset the skin back to confluence and see if that causes the same issue.

Then I would try another HDMI cable as it seems to be the TV that is resetting the HDMI connection.

RE: hdmi screen keeps reconecting while play/stop - IIIdefconIII - 18th Mar, 2015 01:54 AM

(18th Mar, 2015 12:29 AM)IriDium Wrote:  Firstly I'd reset the skin back to confluence and see if that causes the same issue.

Then I would try another HDMI cable as it seems to be the TV that is resetting the HDMI connection.

Will try, but i have to say same hdmi cable, same tv, same hdmi inpout off tv, worked flawlessy with my my kodi on windows, btw even same skin. But i will try thanks

UPDATE: I just tested it, did not fixed my problem.

RE: hdmi screen keeps reconecting while play/stop - IriDium - 18th Mar, 2015 02:27 AM

Can you try openelec and see if you get the same issue. If so, then it's Kodi and not XBian.

If openelec works, then can you post the output from XBian for dmesg and kodi.log via pastebin.com after a couple of reconnects.

Can you also update the post with details as requested in "Please read before you post"

RE: hdmi screen keeps reconecting while play/stop - IIIdefconIII - 18th Mar, 2015 02:39 AM

(18th Mar, 2015 02:27 AM)IriDium Wrote:  Can you try openelec and see if you get the same issue. If so, then it's Kodi and not XBian.

If openelec works, then can you post the output from XBian for dmesg and kodi.log via pastebin.com after a couple of reconnects.

Can you also update the post with details as requested in "Please read before you post"

Wow, will adjust that but, i changed back my theme, rebooted, now i cannot do anything anymore, black screen, even no more sshSad

UPDATE: strange i disconnected hdmi. power and sd card, connected again, got my screen back

RE: hdmi screen keeps reconecting while play/stop - IriDium - 18th Mar, 2015 02:52 AM

OK, something is odd.

Can you install raspbian and see if it boots. If not then it might be a H/W issue. Is this a RPi2?

You'll need to provide more information about your setup

RE: hdmi screen keeps reconecting while play/stop - IIIdefconIII - 18th Mar, 2015 02:54 AM

(18th Mar, 2015 02:52 AM)IriDium Wrote:  OK, something is odd.

Can you install raspbian and see if it boots. If not then it might be a H/W issue. Is this a RPi2?

You'll need to provide more information about your setup

No didnt try openelec, going to try it now, also need to try raspbian?

RE: hdmi screen keeps reconecting while play/stop - menakite - 18th Mar, 2015 05:52 AM

This seems normal to me.
Do you have "Adjust refresh rate" enabled? See http://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Video#Playback

RE: hdmi screen keeps reconecting while play/stop - IIIdefconIII - 18th Mar, 2015 06:31 AM

Problem is xbian related, i have that enabled i just installed Elec, and works perfect, i just dont know why are there 3 different version, xbian, elec and rasb something.. Why not make 1 good version? Anyway. Elec does work but ik heard that xbain is lighter? So i think this is a xbian bug cause with elac its not reconnecting the hdmi

(18th Mar, 2015 02:27 AM)IriDium Wrote:  Can you try openelec and see if you get the same issue. If so, then it's Kodi and not XBian.

Where is that option?
Pause during refresh rate change ?

What do you mean after a couple of reconnects? ssh into the device then dmesg?
Not sure what to do know
Im going to try a fresh xbian version without used plugins, just to be sure its xbain related

Ok i just installed a fresh xbian, latest stable version.. As SOON as the rasparri pie is done showing xbain loading menu, and the screen goes to the main kodi screen, the hdmi disconnect and connected with the tv. Same results with stopping/playing movies. So i think its xbain related. What should i do next with ssh?

And the video flags about that, what should i change here?

RE: hdmi screen keeps reconecting while play/stop - IIIdefconIII - 18th Mar, 2015 09:34 AM

OK it only happens on the latest beta version, the stable version is ok. beta reconnects hdmi before starting a movie

Testing Several versions now read OP section for updates...

RE: hdmi screen keeps reconecting while play/stop - IIIdefconIII - 18th Mar, 2015 10:54 AM

(18th Mar, 2015 05:52 AM)menakite Wrote:  This seems normal to me.
Do you have "Adjust refresh rate" enabled? See http://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Video#Playback

Its nothing normal, cause is just tested different builds and only the first beta and stable version are fine. with others there is this problem

posted on github

https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian/issues/703

RE: hdmi screen keeps reconecting while play/stop - rikardo1979 - 19th Mar, 2015 07:07 AM

I think you still dont get it..nothing wrong there, it works as it should ...
watch my video, you would see normal behavior, refresh rate matches the video thats why TV is switching modes

RE: hdmi screen keeps reconecting while play/stop - rikardo1979 - 19th Mar, 2015 07:23 AM

and btw, you would not see this behavior on your computer for simple reason, and thats cos your PC is not CEC enabled, so your computer is not sending any signal through HDMI for your TV to change mode. unless you have USB CEC Adapter connected

RE: hdmi screen keeps reconecting while play/stop - IIIdefconIII - 19th Mar, 2015 09:48 AM

(19th Mar, 2015 07:23 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  and btw, you would not see this behavior on your computer for simple reason, and thats cos your PC is not CEC enabled, so your computer is not sending any signal through HDMI for your TV to change mode. unless you have USB CEC Adapter connected

Try the oldest beta verison available in xbian installer an you will see, it will not refresh. Would you mind trying cause i tried and with old version it doesnt refresh, with openelec it doesnt refresh (recconect) but with later beta version it does. So its a bug.
Once again in both our videos its reconnecting hdmi, i will post a video soon with the older beta build where it does not behaive like this

updated original post with working video. Like i said, this is xbian bug

RE: hdmi screen keeps reconecting while play/stop - IIIdefconIII - 19th Mar, 2015 11:22 AM

(19th Mar, 2015 07:07 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  refresh rate matches the video thats why TV is switching modes

you mean its video related? not following/understanding what you exactly mean now