Forum
[PROBLEM] HDD Usb connected, detected but not updating library - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Kodi (/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: [PROBLEM] HDD Usb connected, detected but not updating library (/thread-290.html)

HDD Usb connected, detected but not updating library - dond72 - 19th Jan, 2013 04:54 PM

Yesterday I plugges a FAT32 external powered USB HDD with some files in it.

Currently I'm running Xbian 1.0 Alpha 4 connected to my network and with an smb route with all my tv shows, all of them (from the smb) are detected, playable and added to the xbmc collection.

Issue is that the new USB HDD locally plugged , has more tv shows (wich I added to the files) and none of them displays on the collection, but if I browse for the files I can view and play them.

Any clues? May it have something to do with the format of the HDD?

Re: HDD Usb connected, detected but not updating library - rikardo1979 - 19th Jan, 2013 05:22 PM

any time you add new content to the source you need to scan it into the library
you can do it manually

Quote:navigate to your source and press C on keyboard or Option on remote and select Scan for new content

or you can also set to rescan all libraries on startup

Quote:System>Settings>Video>Library and enable Update library on startup
Cool

RE: HDD Usb connected, detected but not updating library - dond72 - 19th Jan, 2013 05:33 PM

All that I tried and none of the new files are added to the library

Re: HDD Usb connected, detected but not updating library - rikardo1979 - 19th Jan, 2013 05:36 PM

OK, please follow the rules from global announcement and post all details, especially the log file section

RE: HDD Usb connected, detected but not updating library - dond72 - 19th Jan, 2013 05:57 PM

Currently I'm not at home, I connected remotely to my machine and was able to extract two logs.

First one is here : http://pastebin.com/MTwz00Kt

Second one : http://pastebin.com/6L7UDBE9

Re: HDD Usb connected, detected but not updating library - rikardo1979 - 19th Jan, 2013 06:05 PM

nah, there is nothing in
you need to have debugging on
so when u get home get the proper log out after u try to rescan library
maybe there will be something in, not sure

RE: HDD Usb connected, detected but not updating library - dond72 - 19th Jan, 2013 06:11 PM

Thanks a lot, even though, you think it's worth I may try to change the format of the hdd?

Re: HDD Usb connected, detected but not updating library - rikardo1979 - 19th Jan, 2013 06:33 PM

nope, that should not affect it
as you have the media on it and you successfully scanned them into libraries

Re: HDD Usb connected, detected but not updating library - rikardo1979 - 19th Jan, 2013 09:41 PM

OK, just did a little search and found this on XBMC posted by XBMC Developer
Quote: The only reason it would do this is if when you add new files to that folder it doesn't update the modified time on the folder.

RE: HDD Usb connected, detected but not updating library - dond72 - 21st Jan, 2013 05:34 PM

(19th Jan, 2013 09:41 PM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  OK, just did a little search and found this on XBMC posted by XBMC Developer
Quote: The only reason it would do this is if when you add new files to that folder it doesn't update the modified time on the folder.

Solved, tried reinstalling and now it detects it ok. The only thing I can think of, is that the time that didn't work ok was a manual installation and the second one was with the xbian installer for windows