Forum
[PROBLEM] Xbian with no TV set attached to it - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Configuration (/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: [PROBLEM] Xbian with no TV set attached to it (/thread-2958.html)

Xbian with no TV set attached to it - moacir.ferreira - 25th Apr, 2015 12:12 AM

I have installed a raspberry pi 2 for travelling with me just to play my “Top 60” video clips. So I have created an autoexec.py to play a single directory and everything works ok as long as I have the raspberry connected to a TV. However, if I boot the raspberry Xbian with no TV set attached then I get a strange echo on the sound of the second video. The first video plays well but from the second one and forward I will always get this kind of echo. I guess it quite simple to replicate. To do so create a directory inside your home directory (i.e.: “Top”); then place video clips in there; finally create an autoexec.py with these lines:

xbmc.executebuiltin("PlayerControl(RandomOn)")
xbmc.executebuiltin("PlayMedia(/home/xbian/Top,isdir)")

Am I missing something? Should I enable/disable any feature to allow Xbian playing the videos with no TV attached to it?

Thanks,
Moacir

RE: Xbian with no TV set attached to it - moacir.ferreira - 25th Apr, 2015 02:18 AM

Update: I had the sound set to output on HDMI and Analogue. Howeverm if I set the sound only to analogue, then it works ok. But I still would like to have both HDMI and Analogue so I don't need any change to play with or without TV.