Forum
[PROBLEM] lg and cec - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Hardware (/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Remotes and CEC support (/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: [PROBLEM] lg and cec (/thread-2964.html)

lg and cec - fanliv - 27th Apr, 2015 05:35 AM

How can I use my number keys on my lg remote? I have lg tv 32LG80FR and pi2 runs xiban

RE: lg and cec - Exnor - 28th Apr, 2015 01:09 AM

(27th Apr, 2015 05:35 AM)fanliv Wrote:  How can I use my number keys on my lg remote? I have lg tv 32LG80FR and pi2 runs xiban

That depends of the model of the TV that you have...

LG extended CEC standards (aka Simplink) don't go well with the CEC software on Raspbian/Xbian...

I am a long time user and consumer off LG TV's and from my experience every LG software revision brings some undocumented "bugs" on Simplink...
For example i used to have a 2009 TV with Simplink on, with a Blu-ray player and the rPi connected and i was able to control XBMC (back then was 13.x version) with the tv remote... but then i upgraded to a 2011 "smart" tv and i had to disable Simplink because the TV was always switching to the rPi HDMI input (unless i disabled CEC on the Pi itself)... So with this TV (LV5500 series EU) i was no longer able to control Xbmc/Kodi but i was able to control the TV volume using the XBMC remote application for Android...
Now i have a LB670 EU series with WebOS and at 1st Simplink was still unusable, but after some software updates by LG i can now control Kodi with the tv remote and my sound system volume with Kodi remote app.

So basically you have to test it for yourself... its kinda of a lottery Tongue .. and don't expect better results on Samsung, Philips and Panasonic :/