Forum
[PROBLEM] Xbian crash after starting player - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Kodi (/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: [PROBLEM] Xbian crash after starting player (/thread-2965.html)

Xbian crash after starting player - trekky0623 - 27th Apr, 2015 03:21 PM

Hi,

I'm not sure how to reproduce it, but it seems to occasionally happen after starting the player, after which restarting will cause subsequent crashes about 2–3 times in a row. I have the log for one of those crashes.

Software
XBian version: 1.0 RC3
XBMC/Kodi version: 13.2
Overclock settings:
/boot/config.txt (Click to View)
Hardware
Device type and model (e.g. Raspberry Pi Model A/B 256/512 MB, CuBox-i i4Pro, ...): Raspberry Pi Model B 512 MB
SD card size and make/type: Wintec Filemate 8GB Professional Class 10 SDHC
Network (Ethernet or wireless): Ethernet
Connected devices (TV, USB, network storage, ...): HDMI, usb keyboard, powered external hard drive

Log files
xbmc.log
xbmc.old.log

Problem description:
Xbian crashes after attempting to play something sometimes. After using sudo reboot now, xbmc will restart and then crash 2–3 times after restarting until finally being stable. It also displays this on the screen when it crashes:

Code:
Since the script you are attempting to invoke has been converted to an
Upstart job, you may also use the start(8) utility, e.g. start xxxx
Rather than invoking init scripts through /etc/init.d, use the service(8)
utility, e.g. service S20xxxx.sh start
initctl: Unknown job: xxxx

or:

Code:
Setting preliminary keymap

How to reproduce:
I am unable to reproduce it on command.

Really, I'd just like help seeing if anything looks suspicious in the log.

RE: Xbian crash after starting player - PlaceboZA - 5th May, 2015 04:29 PM

I'm experiencing the same symptoms (i.e. ui restart on play), but with a different screen error from you describe.

Mine is complaining about the upstart bridge script not starting, and the logs indicate that it will likely cause a memory leak.
It's probably not entirely the same thing, but thought I should mention it here as I'm the closest reproduction of the issue thus far Smile

Tonight, I'll post a separate thread for my issue with details, and link it here.

RE: Xbian crash after starting player - PlaceboZA - 6th May, 2015 05:25 AM

UPDATE:
After installing a fresh copy on 4 May, copying the xbian-config backup onto the SD over wifi would hang.
I suspect this was part of the same problem I was having, and that it was likely a network issue of some kind.

Then today (5 May), I installed yet another fresh copy which included a newly downloaded image.
This time my restart and copying issues have disappeared, and I'm glad to see that the restore went smoothly too.

No idea what it was - but it might be worth trying a fresh image on your end too?