Forum
Pi analog audio noise - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Hardware (/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Video and Audio (/forum-28.html)
+--- Thread: Pi analog audio noise (/thread-2996.html)

Pi analog audio noise - SteveStar - 15th May, 2015 09:18 PM

Hi!

My Raspberry Pi 2 produces noise when I listen to music via Airplay or when I watch video (during parts when there is silence in the video). When xbian shuts down audio output after being idle the noise stops.

For powering the Pi I use the 'official' 2A adapter and I use a 2.1 Logitech Z4 audio set. I tried a few aux cables but they all result in noise..

Does anyone know how to fix this?

RE: Pi analog audio noise - tonybeccar - 10th Jun, 2015 07:15 PM

(15th May, 2015 09:18 PM)SteveStar Wrote:  Hi!

My Raspberry Pi 2 produces noise when I listen to music via Airplay or when I watch video (during parts when there is silence in the video). When xbian shuts down audio output after being idle the noise stops.

For powering the Pi I use the 'official' 2A adapter and I use a 2.1 Logitech Z4 audio set. I tried a few aux cables but they all result in noise..

Hello!

I just bought my Rpi 2 B and I am having the exact same issue. I have been non-stop for the past 2 days looking for a way to fix it... did you find a solution? Does anyone know about this?

Any help would be highly appreciated.
Thanks to all!

RE: Pi analog audio noise - SteveStar - 10th Jun, 2015 08:46 PM

(10th Jun, 2015 07:15 PM)tonybeccar Wrote:  
(15th May, 2015 09:18 PM)SteveStar Wrote:  Hi!

Hello!

I just bought my Rpi 2 B and I am having the exact same issue. I have been non-stop for the past 2 days looking for a way to fix it... did you find a solution? Does anyone know about this?

Any help would be highly appreciated.
Thanks to all!

Nope I still don't have a solution unfortunately..

RE: Pi analog audio noise - Skywatch - 12th Jun, 2015 07:02 PM

My first action would be to try another power supply.

Is the noise a humming sound or a hissing sound?

TBH the 11 bit analog sound from the pi is horrible for music anyway. Much better to add a DAC to the pi for $15 and enjoy superb quality sound (when xbian works with this again - it's been broken for months for me).

Skywatch.

RE: Pi analog audio noise - f1vefour - 14th Jun, 2015 02:08 AM

It's just the Pi analog output is terribly noisy, nothing is actually wrong.