Forum
Previously working Xbian setup no longer working... - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Installation (/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Previously working Xbian setup no longer working... (/thread-3042.html)

Previously working Xbian setup no longer working... - petebulley - 18th Jun, 2015 02:31 AM

I have been using Xbian for a while now and my setup was working flawlessly - I just moved house and so everything was unplugged and moved and then setup again, however, now I'm having boot issues.

Everything is the same in terms of setup apart from the geographic location!

Software
XBian version: Xbian stable RPi2
XBMC/Kodi version: -
Overclock settings: -

Hardware
Device type and model: Raspberry Pi 2 Model B
Power supply rating:
SD card size and make/type: 16GB Sandisk Ultra
Network (Ethernet or wireless): Ethernet
Connected devices (TV, USB, network storage, ...): USB Harddrive

Problem description:
  • On plugging in power cable power light is on, but green light flashes twice
  • Have tried using a different SD card with a fresh format and Xbian image
  • Have tried using the same SD card that was previously working but formatted and with fresh image

How to reproduce:
  • Plug in power cable
  • Green light flashes twice
  • As per http://elinux.org/R-Pi_Troubleshooting 2 flashes means SD card cannot be read - however it could be read last week and for many months, and new card / formatting does not solve

Could this be an issue with my Pi?
Any suggestions very much appreciated.

Thanks

RE: Previously working Xbian setup no longer working... - Skywatch - 19th Jun, 2015 03:27 AM

Try another power supply of at least 5V 2A (2000mA) rating.

Skywatch.

RE: Previously working Xbian setup no longer working... - petebulley - 19th Jun, 2015 03:41 AM

(19th Jun, 2015 03:27 AM)Skywatch Wrote:  Try another power supply of at least 5V 2A (2000mA) rating.

Skywatch.

Thanks for your suggestion, the power supply I am using is of adequate spec, and has been working fine since I got my Pi - for the sake of trying everything I have just tried another power supply but have the same issue. Would this really be a power issue given the light sequence? Seems like it is related to the SD card but I can't think what else to try on that front...

RE: Previously working Xbian setup no longer working... - Skywatch - 19th Jun, 2015 04:17 AM

I had a pi that had worked well for over a year and suddenly had issues. A quick measure of the voltage going into the pi proved that the power supply was failing, not totally broken, but regulation at 5V was very hit and miss.

If both cards work fine in a laptop or PC and only have problems on the pi then maybe it's the pi that has a problem.

Is the pi cased? Have you had a good look at the pi to see if there are any tiny components missing or damaged? Do you have another pi to try on (probably not as you seem pretty competent) ;-)

Failing all else, try a freshly downloaded image and if that doesn't work, then google your symptoms and see if anyone else has the same issue and perhaps a fix.

S.