Forum
Can't set static ip - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: CuBox-i / Hummingboard (/forum-66.html)
+--- Forum: Configuration (/forum-72.html)
+--- Thread: Can't set static ip (/thread-3048.html)

Can't set static ip - renMike - 23rd Jun, 2015 07:22 AM

Software
XBian version: 1.0 (knockout) (kernel: Linux 3.18.8+)
XBMC/Kodi version:
Overclock settings: None

Hardware
Device type and model: Raspberry Pi Model B
Power supply rating: 1A
SD card size and make/type: 8GB
Network (Ethernet or wireless): Ethernet
Connected devices (TV, USB, network storage, ...): TV, wireless keyboard/mouse USB dongle

Problem description:
If I try to set a static ip for my pi running xbian + kodi from the System / Settings / XBian / System / Network - Type menu I find that I can enter the new address but when I try to save the new values I get the "Are you sure to apply modification?" message (press Yes) and then in the bottom right I get "Network An unexpected error occurred". The new static setting has reverted to DHCP.

From performing a web search I can find a similar thread but it doesn't seem to match my symptoms exactly.

Can anyone point me in the right direction so I can resolve this issue?

Mike

RE: Can't set static ip - IriDium - 24th Jun, 2015 01:26 AM

Have you upgraded recently? If not, I'd suggest upgrading and try again.

If you are still having issues, ssh into your RPi and use xbian-config in a terminal window and set the IP there. This has always worked for me.

RE: Can't set static ip - renMike - 24th Jun, 2015 06:11 AM

(24th Jun, 2015 01:26 AM)IriDium Wrote:  Have you upgraded recently? If not, I'd suggest upgrading and try again.

If you are still having issues, ssh into your RPi and use xbian-config in a terminal window and set the IP there. This has always worked for me.

Recently rebuilt from scratch as old Gotham was corrupted. Went to kodi on xbian to see if any better and had this ip issue.

Eventually tracked down the current ip and managed to SSH on. Managed to set the configuration from there and so far it seems to be sticking.

Thanks.