Forum
[SOLVED] Force 50Hz menu display? - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Configuration (/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: [SOLVED] Force 50Hz menu display? (/thread-3056.html)

Force 50Hz menu display? - Skywatch - 13th Jul, 2015 10:58 PM

Hi,

With Pi 2 I have a problem. It keeps defaulting the kodi menu display to 60Hz and I need 50Hz for PAL playback.

Kodi/Xbian switches fine to 50hz when a video is played, but the projector has to re-sync as the video starts causing a blanking of the display for a time while the pi goes from 60Hz menu resolution to 50Hz playback resolution. It also happens when the video stops and the display goes back to 60hz for the menu to display.

I have tried setting 50Hz from within Kodi from system>settings>system>video preferences, but when I select 50Hz it changes the refresh rate from 60Hz to 50Hz, then flashes the menu page briefly and then reverts back to 60Hz! - It just won't stick on 50Hz no matter what I do.

Is there a config or hack to achieve this please? I have already tried hdmi_mode=31 in config.txt with no success.

I then added the following to the advanced user xml file in /home/xbian/.kodi/userdata, again no luck! Sad

<override>
<fpsmin>23.96</fpsmin>
<fpsmax>30.01</fpsmax>
<refreshmin>49.0</refreshmin>
<refreshmax>51.0</refreshmax>
</override>

<fallback>
<refresh>50.0</refresh>
</fallback>

<fallback>
<refreshmin>49.0</refreshmin>
<refreshmax>51.0</refreshmax>
</fallback>

Skywatch.

Re: RE: Force 50Hz menu display? - Smultie - 14th Jul, 2015 06:48 AM

(13th Jul, 2015 10:58 PM)Skywatch Wrote:  I have tried setting 50Hz from within Kodi from system>settings>system>video preferences, but when I select 50Hz it changes the refresh rate from 60Hz to 50Hz, then flashes the menu page briefly and then reverts back to 60Hz! - It just won't stick on 50Hz no matter what I do.

That should work!

RE: Force 50Hz menu display? - Skywatch - 14th Jul, 2015 07:12 AM

If it did work I wouldn't have posted the issue here Wink Smile Smile

But it doesn't work for me on a Pi 2.

When I select 50Hz, it does change to 50Hz, but only briefly flashing the menu on the screen for a second or so before reverting automatically to 60Hz.

Since I am in the UK and 50Hz is the norm, I am at a loss as to why this is happening. I never had this issue before so something has changed!

S.

OK I found what was causing this.....after about 6 hours Smile

Anyway, if anyone else suffers this problem a temporary workaround is to go to system>settings>video>playback> and make sure that adjust display rate to match video is set to OFF.

Now it works fine with no blanking but it is not the ideal solution as now my 50Hz files are being converted on the fly to 60Hz, which seems a waste of energy. Anyone able to help get the menu into 50Hz mode???

skywatch

[SOLVED]: Force 50Hz menu display? - Skywatch - 15th Jul, 2015 12:26 AM

Finally a solution!

After selecting 50Hz and the screen going blank during projector re-sync, I hit left arrow key and then enter key. This worked! (I did try a lot more before this, but none of it worked!)....

So now this issue is solved for me and hopefully for anyone with the same issue that finds this thread!

S.

RE: Force 50Hz menu display? - f1vefour - 16th Jul, 2015 08:58 AM

Thanks for marking it solved and posting your resolution.