Forum
btrfs damaged - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Community (/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Uncategorized (/forum-59.html)
+--- Thread: btrfs damaged (/thread-3060.html)

btrfs damaged - siklosi - 20th Jul, 2015 05:43 PM

Hi,
I woke up yesterday and when I turned on my TV my Rpi2 was not working. It was constantly rebooting. I guessed that btrfs partition was somehow damaged. I tried mounting and btrfsck on ubuntu but there was some error option (10). Should be unsupported lz4 compression. Then I tried installing fresh xbian on another card and running btrfsck (also with -s 1 option) on damaged partition (connected card with usb card reader). There was a lot off errors some .jpg images damaged from kodi cache. But it looks like errors are not corrected they appear everey time when btrfsck is run. When I try mounting that partition system freezes. Any ideas what could I do? I realy need to salvage some files from that partition.
Thanks.

RE: btrfs damaged - Skywatch - 20th Jul, 2015 07:07 PM

Could this be a power supply issue?
What power supply are you using?
What memory cards are you using? Make? Speed?
Are you shutting the pi down properly or just pulling the power lead out and/or turning off the power at the wall socket?

Yes these are the first basic questions, but this info can help.

Skywatch.

RE: btrfs damaged - siklosi - 20th Jul, 2015 07:47 PM

It's Transcend Class10 16Gb card. PSU is Hama 2A. Rpi is always on, but it happens 1-2 in a month that we stay without electricity for short period of time (one of the advantages of living in Serbia). I know that I should put UPS but... Anyway I already have system up and running on another Kingston card but I just need to salvage some files from damaged partition

RE: btrfs damaged - Skywatch - 21st Jul, 2015 05:47 AM

Hehehe.... I had 4 power cuts last month here in the UK. So it's not your location that is the problem! Wink

*BUT* - I also used to use a Hama 5V 2A power supply. Then it started playing up and I replaced it. You really can't beat a good quality power supply for the pi!!!!

I also have transcend and kingston cards (not the fake ones!) and no problem with them running with good PSU and no power outs.

I am also in the process of making UPS for the my pi's. I am trying lead acid and lipo just to see the difference. Going DC-DC UPS simplifies things and eliminates a lot of waste power.

Good luck getting the files back, I hope it works out for you!

Skywatch.

RE: btrfs damaged - f1vefour - 21st Jul, 2015 09:37 AM

I think it's time someone does a generic LZ4 enabled X86 kernel, it's not hard to someone who understands how to patch and build a kernel.

This would help those desperate to mount an XBian installation on their PC.

I would do it myself but I simply don't have enough free time, it's why I'm not around much any longer.