Forum
Whos maintaining transmission pkg - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Additional Packages (/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: Whos maintaining transmission pkg (/thread-3105.html)

Whos maintaining transmission pkg - ErickP - 30th Aug, 2015 01:13 PM

Whos maintaining the transmission pkg download client?
ver 2.84 was release on July 2014 but as of today,
apt-get xbian-package-transmission gets 2.82 and apt-get transmission gets 2.80

Thanks in advance.

RE: Whos maintaining transmission pkg - Nachteule - 7th May, 2016 04:04 AM

Transmission is part of Debian distribution and is maintained there. Current version in Debian Jessie is 2.84

RE: Whos maintaining transmission pkg - GastonBA - 7th Jun, 2017 08:54 AM

Hi, I was using transmission 2.92 but it downgraded to 2.84
Anyone else notice this?

(7th May, 2016 04:04 AM)Nachteule Wrote:  Transmission is part of Debian distribution and is maintained there. Current version in Debian Jessie is 2.84

RE: Whos maintaining transmission pkg - rikardo1979 - 7th Jun, 2017 10:39 PM

(7th Jun, 2017 08:54 AM)GastonBA Wrote:  Hi, I was using transmission 2.92 but it downgraded to 2.84
Anyone else notice this?

(7th May, 2016 04:04 AM)Nachteule Wrote:  Transmission is part of Debian distribution and is maintained there. Current version in Debian Jessie is 2.84

It is a bit odd as my is still 2.92

RE: Whos maintaining transmission pkg - Nachteule - 8th Jun, 2017 02:32 AM

@GastonBA

Seems you have devel repository enabled Smile

I'm currently working on new version of this package (almost finished), this does not include binaries any more, it's now using the binaries of the Debian distribution we currently using (2.84 for Jessie, 2.92 for Stretch)

That makes it easier to maintain this package in the future

And a few enhancements are included in new version:

1) Data area (Transmission download and incomplete folder) is now in separate subvolume storage, which is not snapshotted per default)

2) Plugin for xbian-config GUI (category Extra)

RE: Whos maintaining transmission pkg - Nachteule - 8th Jun, 2017 10:54 PM

FYI: I've uploaded backported transmission 2.92 packages for Debian Jessie I built last September. They were still on my disk Smile

RE: Whos maintaining transmission pkg - GastonBA - 16th Jun, 2017 01:02 PM

Thanks for your answer. I´m a newbie and the specific facts are almost incomprensible to me.
But after downgrade the Config file stop worling, and my Flexget too.
So I just go back to a previous snapshot and back to 2.92 and cancel automatic updates.
Everything is simple and automated on my xbian so I think I might stop updating.

(8th Jun, 2017 10:54 PM)Nachteule Wrote:  FYI: I've uploaded backported transmission 2.92 packages for Debian Jessie I built last September. They were still on my disk Smile

RE: Whos maintaining transmission pkg - Nachteule - 16th Jun, 2017 08:14 PM

No problem, not everyone can be an expert Dodgy

But as a newbie you should not use the development repository Exclamation

Anyway, the new package has been released and is available in stable repo now. I can't see any issues, everything seems to work again. Upgrading from previous version and fresh install woks as expected. And since I've uploaded the backported transmission 2.92 packages for Jessie, everything should work like before Smile