Forum
[PROBLEM] Failed to retrieve download mirrors - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: CuBox-i / Hummingboard (/forum-66.html)
+--- Forum: Configuration (/forum-72.html)
+--- Thread: [PROBLEM] Failed to retrieve download mirrors (/thread-3108.html)

Failed to retrieve download mirrors - wallacemckart - 31st Aug, 2015 08:31 AM

Hi,

I wasn't using my pi for a while. Today I plugged in and wanted to check if there is any updates. But after trying to update mirrors from xbian config, I got "Failed to retrieve download mirrors" error.

I checked my sources.list:

deb http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org/raspbian/ wheezy main contrib non-free rpi

xbian.list:

deb mirror://apt.xbian.org/mirror.txt stable main rpi-wheezy
### deb mirror://apt.xbian.org/mirror.txt staging main rpi-wheezy
### deb mirror://apt.xbian.org/mirror.txt devel main rpi-wheezy

it is what is written at xbian.org/faq too. What am I doing wrong?Huh

RE: Failed to retrieve download mirrors - deHakkelaar - 1st Sep, 2015 01:14 AM

Cant see anything wrong with the mirrors except one (out of five) being down for few days now.
Have you tried running "Update mirrors" + "apt-get update" with the "xbian-config" tool before trying to upgrade ?

And of course we welcome anyone that can host a mirror for XBian.

RE: Failed to retrieve download mirrors - wallacemckart - 1st Sep, 2015 09:14 AM

(1st Sep, 2015 01:14 AM)deHakkelaar Wrote:  Cant see anything wrong with the mirrors except one (out of five) being down for few days now.
Have you tried running "Update mirrors" + "apt-get update" with the "xbian-config" tool before trying to upgrade ?

Yes I tried. I got the error while trying to "Update mirrors"

RE: Failed to retrieve download mirrors - clarkleblanc - 10th Aug, 2022 05:19 PM

(1st Sep, 2015 09:14 AM)wallacemckart Wrote:  
(1st Sep, 2015 01:14 AM)deHakkelaar Wrote:  Cant see anything wrong with the mirrors except one (out of five) being down for few days now.lolbeans

Yes I tried. I got the error while trying to "Update mirrors"

I also tried but also got error. I haven't thought of using "copy". Good opinion. I seem to want to give up when I get an error. Thank you.