Forum
[PROBLEM] Upgraded today, now Kodi won't start! - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Installation (/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: [PROBLEM] Upgraded today, now Kodi won't start! (/thread-3417.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Upgraded today, now Kodi won't start! - Skywatch - 12th Mar, 2016 07:00 AM

sudo nano /boot/config.txt

RE: Upgraded today, now Kodi won't start! - Nachteule - 12th Mar, 2016 07:10 AM

Oh, sorry, my fault Sad

Yes, of course, in /boot/config.txt

RE: Upgraded today, now Kodi won't start! - Senseohasser - 12th Mar, 2016 07:18 PM

(6th Mar, 2016 05:01 AM)Nachteule Wrote:  Hmmm, could you please enable full debug log [1], try again send send log [2]?

[1] enable debug by setting DEBUG in /etc/default/xbmc
Code:
DEBUG="--debug"

[2] sending log
Code:
xll | pastebinit

Thanks

Hi! Soory for the many questions...

I enabled the debug mode, but when I enter "xll | pastebinit" after a reboot all I get is:
-bash: pastebinit: command not found

Huh

RE: Upgraded today, now Kodi won't start! - Skywatch - 12th Mar, 2016 07:27 PM

You only need to enter....

sudo nano /boot/config.txt

and then add this....

hdmi_force_hotplug=1

ctrl-o to save file.
Y to confirm.
ctrl-x to exit.
Then reboot.

Have you done this and still having a problem?

RE: Upgraded today, now Kodi won't start! - Senseohasser - 12th Mar, 2016 09:57 PM

Hi!

I found the problem in my upgrade: The MySQL. As soon as I delete this section from the advancedsettings.xml everything works (well, except the videos-database, of course) Confused

It seems that the database upgrade failed the first time and kept crashing kodi. I deleted the corrupt new databases and let a windows installation of kodi perform the upgrade. Now everything runs smooth again.

Smile

RE: Upgraded today, now Kodi won't start! - Nachteule - 13th Mar, 2016 12:47 AM

@Senseohasser

Quote:-bash: pastebinit: command not found

This program has not been included in earlier images. You have to install is by doing a

Code:
sudo apt-get install pastebinit

Quote:I found the problem in my upgrade: The MySQL. As soon as I delete this section from the advancedsettings.xml everything works (well, except the videos-database, of course) Confused

It seems that the database upgrade failed the first time and kept crashing kodi. I deleted the corrupt new databases and let a windows installation of kodi perform the upgrade. Now everything runs smooth again.

Interesting. I'm also using a common MySQL database but never had problems when upgrading