Forum
[SOLVED] Brand New to XBIAN - Wont install - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Installation (/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: [SOLVED] Brand New to XBIAN - Wont install (/thread-3460.html)

Brand New to XBIAN - Wont install - keebler - 24th Mar, 2016 05:41 PM

I am using a RPI2.
I have the latest flavor of XBIAN imaged to a 16GB micro sd card
(using win32 diskimager)

upon powering up the RPI2, there are the normal RED and GREEN lights, but NOTHING on the screen.

on the TV (tried 3 different tv's) they are all using the HDMI port.

Huh what have i missed?

wipe SD card using SDFORMATTER (size adjustment on, full wipe)
image XBIAN LATEST RPI2 to micro sd card
SD card in RPI2
power up RPI2
nothing on screen (with other flavors of KODI, etc there is SOME indication on the screen that the RPI2 is working)

what am i missing?Huh

RE: Brand New to XBIAN - Wont install - IriDium - 25th Mar, 2016 01:03 AM

Check the power supply. It should be at least 1amp - 500ma (Normal USB output) is not enough.

If the power supply is OK, try using the Xbian Installer and choose an earlier release.

RE: Brand New to XBIAN - Wont install - keebler - 28th Mar, 2016 08:55 PM

(25th Mar, 2016 01:03 AM)IriDium Wrote:  Check the power supply. It should be at least 1amp - 500ma (Normal USB output) is not enough.

If the power supply is OK, try using the Xbian Installer and choose an earlier release.

all the power supplies are 2A
trying the installer now

---------------
BUG REPORT ON INSTALLER:

I have the NEWEST image file already downloaded the installer fails to "see" it nor does it allow me to select it, the installer insists on downloading yet another copy of the img file.

the installer also does not allow for previous or archive versions to be installed

END OF BUG REPORT
---------------
thank you
k

RE: Brand New to XBIAN - Wont install - Skywatch - 28th Mar, 2016 09:26 PM

If you are trying to install the image to the card on a windows machine the xbian installer should have an 'advanced' tab. Click on that and you should be good to go. It not, try using win32diskimager instead (google it, download it, install it, run it). This should work with your old image.

RE: Brand New to XBIAN - Wont install - IriDium - 29th Mar, 2016 12:19 AM

I would also check that Xbian has actually booted by pinging the ip address of your RPi. If that works, then it's possible the HDMI cable is at fault. Does it work with other distros? Raspbian?

Are you sure you are using the correct image and not an RPi1 one!!

RE: Brand New to XBIAN - Wont install - Nachteule - 29th Mar, 2016 01:35 AM

Quote:If you are trying to install the image to the card on a windows machine the xbian installer should have an 'advanced' tab.

If we are talking about the XBian installer, there is NO avanced tab

The installer only sees the images which are online on sourceforge. It never sees already downloaded images. In case of version 1.4, only RPI3 images are displayed for Raspberry Pi 2 and 3 (and there is only one image). If you want to see more, you have to use the older version 1.3 of installer.

RE: Brand New to XBIAN - Wont install - keebler - 31st Mar, 2016 07:35 PM

finally got it, there was an IP conflict that was preventing it. once i had reassigned the RPI's IP addresses (via the router), the install went perfect.
thank you all for your help.

starting my next project of syncing all the rpi's.
i have a RPI2 running mysql
1 RPI3 running XBIAN
2 RPI2's running XBIAN
2 RPI's running XBIAN

is there a better thread to discuss syncing?

new thread is HERE

RE: Brand New to XBIAN - Wont install - Skywatch - 11th Apr, 2016 07:43 AM

Can you please mark this as SOLVED ?

RE: Brand New to XBIAN - Wont install - IriDium - 11th Apr, 2016 07:23 PM

Marked as solved