Forum
Raspberry 7" touchscreen display issue - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Configuration (/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Raspberry 7" touchscreen display issue (/thread-3463.html)

Raspberry 7" touchscreen display issue - soullessninja89 - 25th Mar, 2016 10:18 PM

Hi guys, the list below;
The issue I am having is the 7" touchscreen I have, xbmc is not showing up through the touchscreen, i have not been able to find a setup for this screen. XBMC shows up fine through any hdmi tv. If i connect the touchscreen after 5min the config screen comes up and I have gone through and tried to see if any video output settings will allow the touchscreen to show xbmc but nothing has come up yet, I am still a beginner with xbian and only just started 6months ago with the pi2+ so I am a bit noobish Tongue, thanks in advanced for any suggestions
Software
XBian version: 2016.03.01
XBMC/Kodi version: 2016
Overclock settings:

Hardware
raspberry pi2+, raspberry pi 7 “ touchscreen ( https://www.umart.com.au/umart1/pro/products_review.phtml?id=10&bid=5&id2=437&sid=260486&Boards/Projects )
Power supply rating: macbook pro usb output ( so unknown Tongue )
SD card size and make/type: 16gb
Network (Ethernet or wireless): nil
Connected devices (TV, USB, network storage, ...): usb kbd

RE: Raspberry 7" touchscreen display issue - IriDium - 26th Mar, 2016 02:04 AM

I would install "Jessie" on a separate SD card first, and see if that works (It's supposed to work "out of the box" with Jessie) to check that all the connections are correct and working.

If that works, then it probably has something to do with the GPIO pins and a particular module needs to be loaded.

RE: Raspberry 7" touchscreen display issue - soullessninja89 - 26th Mar, 2016 09:17 AM

(26th Mar, 2016 02:04 AM)IriDium Wrote:  I would install "Jessie" on a separate SD card first, and see if that works (It's supposed to work "out of the box" with Jessie) to check that all the connections are correct and working.

If that works, then it probably has something to do with the GPIO pins and a particular module needs to be loaded.

Hey mate, I just realized that left out that I have tried with Noobs and Jessie, it boots into the os fine. Also the Xbian loading screen does come up with the touch screen it just does not go into the xmbc part Im after, 5min of blackscreen the xbian password and login shows, and then takes me to the config page. I initially figured the output needed to be changed for xbmc as it shows up on hdmi but not the touchscreen.

RE: Raspberry 7" touchscreen display issue - Nachteule - 26th Mar, 2016 10:47 AM

There seems an issue with the correct resolution. On fresh install Kodi starts with 640x480 and probably this resolution can not be displayed with your touch display (i had this issue with my 800x480 TFT/Touch - but this is connected via HDMI).
And/or another issue (don't know if it is one, happened today) could be that Kodi does not come up when no HDMI is connected (had this problem testing SDTV resolution).

RE: Raspberry 7" touchscreen display issue - Skywatch - 27th Mar, 2016 12:02 AM

Can this thread be moved to the correct section as it has nothing to do with cubox-i or HB.

RE: Raspberry 7" touchscreen display issue - IriDium - 27th Mar, 2016 12:39 AM

(27th Mar, 2016 12:02 AM)Skywatch Wrote:  Can this thread be moved to the correct section as it has nothing to do with cubox-i or HB.
Moved to Configuration