Forum
[PROBLEM] VPN with Xbian? - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Configuration (/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: [PROBLEM] VPN with Xbian? (/thread-3504.html)

Pages: 1 2

RE: VPN with Xbian? - Dimension - 14th Oct, 2021 11:56 PM

Sorry to be such a bother but I am still learning Linux and trying to understand what command does what.

I ran the sudo /usr/bin/killall command and was not prompted for a password but when I ran sudo /usr/sbin/openvpn I was returned a message stating 'sudo: /usr/sbin/openvpn: command not found'. It appears that the installer did not work.

AS for the 'openvpn path' I checked the different settings within the addon in Kodi and did not see any options to set the path. Where can I locate the path settings and where should they point?

RE: VPN with Xbian? - Nachteule - 14th Oct, 2021 11:59 PM

I don't like to ask, but I get the feeling that you don't have openvpn installed.

So the question: do you have openvpn installed?

Because I have always wondered why the sudo entries were not already made automatically, they should be when openvpn is installed

RE: VPN with Xbian? - Dimension - 15th Oct, 2021 12:15 AM

(14th Oct, 2021 11:59 PM)Nachteule Wrote:  I don't like to ask, but I get the feeling that you don't have openvpn installed.

So the question: do you have openvpn installed?

Because I have always wondered why the sudo entries were not already made automatically, they should be when openvpn is installed

I downloaded the zip file from Github and ran the installer. I do see the VPNManger for OpenVPN listed under addons in Kodi.

RE: VPN with Xbian? - Nachteule - 15th Oct, 2021 12:42 AM

I'm not talking about the openvpn Kodi addon, I'm talking about the openvpn package. This is of course required by the addon

You have to install it via

Terminal

sudo apt-get install openvpn

RE: VPN with Xbian? - Dimension - 15th Oct, 2021 01:06 AM

(15th Oct, 2021 12:42 AM)Nachteule Wrote:  I'm not talking about the openvpn Kodi addon, I'm talking about the openvpn package. This is of course required by the addon

You have to install it via

Terminal

sudo apt-get install openvpn

We have success! After running the command 'sudo apt-get install openvpn' the vpn manager in Kodi started working properly.

I reviewed the setup instructions on Zomboided's github page and no where could I find that openvpn has to be installed manually. When I was running Libreelec OS the Kodi plugin just worked out of the box without having to any manual installs from command line. This is what was through me off.

Thank you for taking the time to work through this issue with me. I have seen this same problem posted on Reddit so I will now be able to assist those threads when they come up.

RE: VPN with Xbian? - Nachteule - 15th Oct, 2021 01:08 AM

Very good. Thanks for the feedback Smile

RE: VPN with Xbian? - Vhkkf - 4th Nov, 2021 03:49 AM

(15th Oct, 2021 01:08 AM)Nachteule Wrote:  Very good. Thanks for the feedback Smile

Still fighting with Openvpn manager 7.0.0

After install Openvpn via Terminal i was able to install Openvpn Kodi Addon finally. But After select the country profile
Openvpn.log (Click to View)
Never get such error on libreelec or other Kodi OS for Raspi3

RE: VPN with Xbian? - Nachteule - 4th Nov, 2021 05:34 AM

@Vhkkf, did you reboot after you installed openvpn? Looks like the module tun is not loaded

RE: VPN with Xbian? - Vhkkf - 4th Nov, 2021 06:18 AM

(4th Nov, 2021 05:34 AM)Nachteule Wrote:  @Vhkkf, did you reboot after you installed openvpn? Looks like the module tun is not loaded

Yes, but get the same error after reboot the system

RE: VPN with Xbian? - Nachteule - 5th Nov, 2021 02:03 AM

Quote: 2021-11-03 18:41:35 Failed to open tun/tap interface

Is then now the modules loaded or not. Man, you have to pull but really everything from the nose.
In any case, with me it all works perfectly

RE: VPN with Xbian? - Vhkkf - 5th Nov, 2021 04:23 AM

Accoding to the Addon NO. Is there any chance to load the Modules manually? Even with a fresh flashed image with Kodi19.3 and reboot After installing Openvpn its submit the Same error.

I though it was from the Addon or VPN Provider but with other OS there is no issue...

RE: VPN with Xbian? - Nachteule - 5th Nov, 2021 05:36 AM

Open an ssh connection and then type lsmod | grep tun

Terminal

xbian@kmxbilr2 ~ $ lsmod | grep tun
tun 49152 0
xbian@kmxbilr2 ~ $

/etc/modules should have an tun entry
Terminal

xbian@kmxbilr2 ~ $grep tun /etc/modules
tun
xbian@kmxbilr2 ~ $

RE: VPN with Xbian? - Vhkkf - 5th Nov, 2021 04:28 PM

I got a red marked tun after the typing lsmod | grep tun with ssh connection followed by 49152 0

With the 2nd line grep tun /etc/modules - tun is not marked red then

But still no success with the tun opening via vpnmanager